• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Rebuilt Diff - Posi Growls only when HOT

oldkimmer

Reaction score
I would of used the Mopar additive as not to mix brands and consistency. I would another bottle of the Kendall now. Kim

Dodgeboy

Reaction score
I am running green bearings and have been since 1999. I have a aftermarket "dog tooth" style posi unit and so far haven't had any issues. I found out after the fact that they can't handle side loads very well so i just slow down on corners

SmudgeServices

Reaction score
alright fellas, i got an update! sorry it took awhile; no AC and it's been pretty damn hot down here in TX so i've been waiting on cooler weather to get back at it.
i went down the path of following Dr. Diff's blog about the 2 different styles (RP400 vs MO400 'snap ring') of Green Bearings. i highly suspected i had unknowingly installed the older, bad, RP400 style and it might be the cause of my problem. i went ahead and purchased some MO400 style bearings from Quick Performance and installed them. aaaaand sure enough, it's been quiet and smooth sailin' ever since! after they initially were delivered i could see and feel the difference. that original RP400 style bearing felt light in weight and all the parts were thinner (for lack of a better description). when these MO400 showed up, it was obvious they were heavy and bulkier. despite being an uneducated man on engineering i could tell these were better and they surely have proved to be.
since installing i've driven almost 100 miles at speeds up to 70mph with no problem. so in case anyone was skeptical at all about Dr. Diff's opinion on the 2 types, they were dead on. and if you've heard bad things about Green Bearings in general, it may very well be just that it was news based on that older, bad RP400 style and probably shouldn't be attributed to Green Bearings as a whole.
thank y'all for your attention, suggestions, and help with this. i'm relieved to be past it. and even more relieved that it was something bigger, like the posi. :)

Back