• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Remember When!

340challconvert

Reaction score
Remember When.jpg

We started out with Kick the Can and graduated into stickball using the sewer cover as 2nd base. My mom always lost her broom stick handle to our ball games!
Boy, did we dangerously or what?
Dino2 (1).gif

DetMatt1

Reaction score
We never used broomsticks for bats because they actually gave out full size bats at the Tiger's games.

challenger6pak

Reaction score
In my area when we were not at the beach surfing we were here on skateboards. Most of the time we would just wear shorts; no shirts or shoes. Crazy.
14291767_1697815120542176_7180377206449663811_n.jpg

DetMatt1

Reaction score
I would build plastic models, mostly Mopars but occasionally I would get a Chevy or a Ford model as a gift. Those were put together with the Black Cats strategically located throughout and the fuses tied together. I almost wish I had some videos...

seneca

Reaction score
1958, fifth grade, 11 years old. A buddy and I got a hold of a 4' long, 3" diameter heavy cardboard mailing tube and a couple of dozen bottle rockets. The tube became our bazooka. He would light the bottle rockets, place them in the tube and I would aim them around the neighborhood! Game ended when the local gendarmes showed up and disarmed us. Ten years later I was using a slightly more powerful M72 LAW in VN and I recalled my earlier days with a chuckle.

Aussie Challenger

Reaction score
It is good to reflect on what we call the "Good Old Days", my own children look on in dis belief when I explain some of the things I got up to and my Grand Children just grin. The kids of today are missing out on so much personal interaction with their friends, choosing facebook and twitter to communicate, very sad.

seneca

Reaction score
It is good to reflect on what we call the "Good Old Days", my own children look on in dis belief when I explain some of the things I got up to and my Grand Children just grin. The kids of today are missing out on so much personal interaction with their friends, choosing facebook and twitter to communicate, very sad.

We think our fathers fools, so wise we grow;
Our wiser sons, no doubt, will think us so.

Pope - Essay on Children

Back