• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Repro Modern Radio thoughts?

Poolshark314

Reaction score
I searched through some threads but they were pretty old so I figured I would start a new one. Anybody have the Custom Auto Sounds or the Antique Auto Radio unit installed? Thoughts on how it works and how it sounds? How do the controls work with so few buttons? Did you find you needed to upgrade the speakers as well? Really like the original look of the Antique Auto Radio but it is pretty pricey. The Custom Auto Sounds price is nicer but I don't like the idea of the printed on fake numbers blocking the LCD screen.

1970 Barracuda Radio With Bluetooth USA-740

1972-1974 Mopar E Body Radio - Black Buttons with Bluetooth OE Replica

HooToTheCore

Reaction score
Must replace original speakers as they are 8 ohm and these systems require 4 ohm speakers. I went with a reconditioned original unit when I converted from AM mono to AM/FM Stereo. Don't expect decent sound quality or great reception on stations that are close in frequency out of the originals.

rklein71

Reaction score
With the e-body radio being down by the steering column and kind of out of sight, I just can't see spending that kind of money for one.

Back