• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Road Trip to Vanishing Point Movie Set, Cisco, UT

RRDon

Reaction score
Have you guys heard about this road trip to Cisco, Utah to the Vanishing Point movie set?
It seems to be gathering quite a following. A bunch of Challenger owners are going to meet up there to check out the setting where the final scene from Vanishing Point was filmed. I understand some of the group are planning a camp out & BBQ. Possible that some celebs may be coming. Event date is June 11, 2023 at 1200 hrs, Utah (Mountain) time.
VP Ending, then and now.JPG

RRDon

Reaction score
Should be interesting and fun. I'm taking my RV with car trailer. Pleanty space to pull over and dry camp.
Vanishing-Point-Car.jpg

6PKRTSE

Reaction score
That would be cool to do. I would bring my Challenger if I was closer.

heminut

Reaction score
Thanks for posting this! I went over to the ChallengerTalk forum and confirmed it. Looks like my wife and I will be taking a road trip in June in her white 2020 Challenger GT.

The guy putting this together, fyrdude at ChallengerTalk, wanted to let us know that if there's anyone on this forum with a 1970 white Challenger could make it that would be awesome. Lots of photo ops!

Here's the link to the discussion;

RRDon

Reaction score
A bunch of Mopar fans getting together to hang out and have fun, sounds like a great excuse for a road trip to me ;))

NixDad

Reaction score
It was Floyd and I who did the route he mentioned earlier...if anyone wants any tips, let us know. With some research you can capture most of the places. Some don't exist any more (major road changes) or are not easily recognizable, but fun to drive those same routes.
For us, we took advantage of COVID and low gas prices at the end of 2020 and took the old Challenger...11mpg and open window air conditioning! :)
Depends on which direction you are coming from, we started in Denver and went west. Goldfield/Tonopah was the western limit.

RRDon

Reaction score
Most of the open road scenes in the movie were filmed in Nevada. I've traveled through most all of them when I was working with MKM Open Road Racing back in the late 90's and early 2000's. I wasn't looking for VP filming locations at the time but recognized them when I came across them.

Glenn Austin

Reaction score
I will attend this if the Challenger is back together. I remember watching this movie at the drive-in, sitting in a '70 Challenger convertible that I had bought for my wife for her birthday, she had that plum crazy, 318 for years, we put over a 100,000 miles on it, it already had 100,000 when we got it.

Challenger RTA

Reaction score
I will attend this if the Challenger is back together. I remember watching this movie at the drive-in, sitting in a '70 Challenger convertible that I had bought for my wife for her birthday, she had that plum crazy, 318 for years, we put over a 100,000 miles on it, it already had 100,000 when we got it.
My wife also says it's not the age it's the miles put on. OH wait your talking about a car!

Challenger RTA

Reaction score
🤨She said,if she was not past a bridge on a an Idaho highway when Paul Harvey came on. she would have to bury the clock on her 70 challenger to make it to work on time. I sometimes wonder about all those miles? :confused:That must of been her VP.

Fyrdude

Reaction score
Hello all. My name is Mike, aka “Fyrdude.” I am the guy organizing this ride to Cisco UT. I’d love to have as many classic Challengers there as possible. I think it would be cool to see as many 70-74 Challengers there as possible. There will be modern cars there as well. How about a ‘78? Since this is the last year of the modern Challenger I thought it would be great to have an event to commemorate the generations of the Challenger at the final scene site of the movie that put the Challenger on the map.

The current details for this ride can be found at ChallengerTalk.com. Search for “Cisco” and you’ll find the thread. Of course, I’ll be happy to fill in any blanks here as well. To reduce any misinformation or confusion, the “official” and most current information can be found there.

Thanks for reading…..

Fyrdude

Reaction score
Hello all. This event is about 9 weeks away as I write. Wanted to put it back out there so it can be brought back into the light. If interested, we’d love to have you. Information can be found on ChallengerTalk.com. Search for the word Cisco and you’ll easily find the thread. “Official” information will be in the first post of the thread. My email is [email protected] if you have questions.

moparmarks

Reaction score
I don't have a Challenger but might show up in one of my "other" Mopars beings I live 50 miles away. Part of the movie was also filed around Rifle CO along US-6 before I-70 was biult.

Fyrdude

Reaction score
You are welcome to come sir. Hope to see you there. We will be meeting in Cisco promptly at 11 am. Then we will be going to the Red Cliff Lodge at approximately 1 pm for lunch.

Back