• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Second hand part values

sublimemike

Reaction score
Hi all from over the pond in the Uk. Next month over here we have our annual Street Rod swap meet. It kicks off the season and is quiet a big deal. People empty their garages out and turn parts into cash. There have been buses come from France and Germany to look for Nos parts bargains etc. Thinking of taking some stuff if anyone could give values in the US of a couple of bits so I can price the stuff up?

Front disc brake set up for e body calipers are cast KR 86170 and 86169 complete with discs, pads, hoses, everything except spindles

Plymouth Nos hood badge 68-74 chrome self adhesive ) never fitted

Got my old 440 iron heads but I think they are only good for door stops lol?

E body a/c dash bezel - the plastic that goes under the steering wheel and houses the a/c control

E body dash dimmer switch

Headlamp switch

Wiper switch

Maybe some more - need to keep digging

Thanks Mike

heminut

Reaction score
Hard to say what your parts are worth over there, big difference from what they would be worth here in the states. Basically though, they are worth whatever someone is willing to pay.

sublimemike

Reaction score
Uk part prices are guided by US prices in general, maybe a little cheaper as the demand is not so great and if they were on the same level then people would just import from US. There is the shipping duties to consider but this is offset by the greater availability in the US. Basically if you want something urgent and can't afford to wait for stuff to come up for sale over here you have no choice but to import.

Most of the stuff I can probably get an idea from flea bay but then there are asking prices and sold prices (i know you can look up) . I guess the one I need some real help with are the brakes. Prices seem to be all over the place and if the casting numbers have any added value.
Thanks

Back