• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

starter splash shield

Ralph

Reaction score
I have a 1973 Plymouth Cuda auto and its pretty original. I took the larger splash shield off many years ago and have finally gotten around to reinstall it. See picture - I know the smaller splash shield in the picture goes upfront on the k frame and was riveted in.
Where does the larger splash shield go and does it attach with rivets or bolted in. Note: its a generic picture off ebay but mine came off the car.

Thanks to all

s-l300.jpg

gaddy 69

Reaction score
large one bolts on between fender and main body of the car or fire wall,,small ones goes in front of k frame each side

gaddy 69

Reaction score
I have a 1973 Plymouth Cuda auto and its pretty original. I took the larger splash shield off many years ago and have finally gotten around to reinstall it. See picture - I know the smaller splash shield in the picture goes upfront on the k frame and was riveted in.
Where does the larger splash shield go and does it attach with rivets or bolted in. Note: its a generic picture off ebay but mine came off the car.

Thanks to all

View attachment 79810
large one goes between the body and front fender bolts on

Ralph

Reaction score
OK, thanks will look for the rivet holes for the smaller ones and front fender body area this goes between. Will jack up the car to better look at these areas.

R

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
Actually the larger one sits under the frame rail behind the K frame & yes it bolts on , the inverted U cut in it goes over the steering , nowhere near the fender tho .

moparlee

Reaction score
Here is a drawing from Richard E. For b-body but those three plastic ones are the same for e-body. Small ones riveted, big one bolted.

Attachments

• PXL_20210215_231720931.jpg
    PXL_20210215_231720931.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 286

Rons340

Reaction score
Here is a drawing from Richard E. For b-body but those three plastic ones are the same for e-body. Small ones riveted, big one bolted.
Thanks for sharing the diagram Moparlee. I was not aware that the splash shield "B" was for automatic only. Great info!

Ralph

Reaction score
Installed them this morning.

Funny no holes on driver side for k frame splash shield. Installed passenger side and drilled and installed the drivers side.

thanks again

Back