• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

stripe kit Challenger

44070dart

Reaction score
have a 73 Challenger looking to buy R/T stripe kit for hood and sides.. seems like $129 at Phoenix Graphics .. this should fit a 73 correct??

72ls5fla

Reaction score
only thing you may want to look into is the size and location of the marker lights on the quarters and fenders.

the 70/71 stripe kit might assume 70/71 marker lights and the wholes located in a specific place.

FWIW ..
I got my stripe kit for my 70 from David Patik at Performance Car Graphics.
You may want to give him a call and see if there are differences you need to address.

Hope this helps some.

Bill

js29

Reaction score
on a 70 challenger the side stripe goes above the side markers lights. i beleave the location on a 72-74 is the same but the shape is different. i do agree that it is better to ask the company that sells them, but then agane you could trim them to fit if needed.

44070dart

Reaction score
thinking of using Phoenix Graphix ..do you need the stuff they sell to aid in putting these on or is there something else that works ..haven't done any this large like the hood blackout

challenger6pak

Reaction score
70 & 71 RT stripes will fit. Early and late side marker lights are in a different position and make no difference on the stripe. The large hood blackout can be fun to do. I would use what Phoenix sells because it is compatable with their decal material. I don't know who supplied their material.

44070dart

Reaction score
not going to be able to use side decal because they put side trim on the car... IMG_4126.jpg don't think it will look right... just going to do the hood

IMG_4126.jpg

challenger6pak

Reaction score
A lot of original R/T's came with the side moldings and no stripe. It will look good with just the hood black out.

44070dart

Reaction score
I've only saw them installed on TV.. any idea what they spray under it before they squeegee it down

Back