• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Thought I would share some pics of my new car

DetMatt1

Reaction score
It's not an E-body, far from it, but a friend had this sitting in the back of his garage and I knew I had to have it the first time I saw it up close. It's a `67 Imperial Crown Coupe that is an unrestored WA state car with around 135K well cared for miles on it. He bought it on Ebay 4 years ago from the 2nd owner who had recently bought it from the original owners and then used it to move himself and all his belongings to AZ. Not long in AZ when the guy realised he had to sell because he had no inside storage and didn't want it to get sun baked, so he did the right thing and put it on Ebay. My buddy bought it, had it shipped up here, unloaded it off the transport and it went straight into his storage barn where it hasn't moved much in 4 years, let alone been washed...
I saw it for the first time and several times after that when I bought some parts for my `68 RR off of him. The car was basically buried under piles of parts and was squeezed between 2 other cars and was just recognizeable as an old Imperial. Shortly after he got rid of a couple of cars and a bunch of parts is when I saw it from 1 side and could open the door, minutes later he made me an offer I couldn't refuse and a deal was struck. This was last fall and after working a lot of bugs out over the winter and spring I finally drove it on a trailer on Sunday and it followed me home. spent most of Monday and Tuesday working more bugs out and cleaning it inside and out. It will be in its first show at the WPC Museum this Saturday and with each day this car just gets better and better. If you have never taken the opportunity to get behind the wheel of one of these land yachts, do yourself a favor, it is like nothing else you have ever driven!
A few pics from Suday till Tuesday. I can't believe how ell it cleaned up!

IMG_8209.jpg

IMG_8238.jpg

IMG_8241_4.jpg

IMG_8243_1.jpg

IMG_8247_2.jpg

IMG_8251.jpg

IMG_8252.jpg

Juan Veldez

Reaction score
Sweet looking ride. My wife has a land yacht also. Your right, it's such an enjoyable vehicle to cruise around in. Best wishes!

DetMatt1

Reaction score
Thanks guys! I think I'll be able to haul around some parts in its cavernous trunk too!

Back