• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Three speaker dash in 72 cuda

hsb shadow

Reaction score
I recently acquired a three speaker dash and would like to put it in my cuda. I currently have the single speaker and the original Chrysler Am radio. I was just wondering if anyone knew anything about a conversion or wiring for this. Thanks in advance

EW1BH27

Reaction score
The factory used a special wiring harness and a "crossoverbox". I doubt it can't be properly done with an AM radio. Who knows, you might even have the wiring in your car already and those crossover boxes are on eBay. I did this conversion on my car and quite frankly can't remember if the harness was already there or not. I do remember having to find the crossover box and a factory AM/FM.

3spkr wiring1.jpg

hsb shadow

Reaction score
Thanks for that info it's very helpful in my planning. I was sick all last week so New Year's day is the first day I could work on the cuda again. I'm dropping the back axle and springs today.

hsb shadow

Reaction score
In a random box of parts I picked up recently. The crossover. I guess I still have to find a wiring harness or make one up

IMG_20230101_104555136.jpg

EW1BH27

Reaction score
Good score. Cross your fingers you have that harness under dash. FWIW, last time I looked on eBay that wiring was available.

hsb shadow

Reaction score
I haven't checked this one but I checked my 73 cuda which is waiting to have its AM radio installed and it doesn't have a crossover harness just a simple plug-in and then two wires that go straight up to the center speaker

hsb shadow

Reaction score
Well I've got to go head off to my buddies shop and he's going to help me get some bolts out of a set of springs I scored recently. A guy had the springs rebuilt and then built the car into race car so they've got low miles but just rusted bolts in the bushings . I think he left them outside for a little while.lol

Back