• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Time for lunch?

Xcudame

Reaction score
You need to give us a little more information. Drag only car? Lockers are pretty sorry for street use.

Jerry Ikemire

Reaction score
Street. One of the local dif guys told me a week or so ago the Lunchbox is available in a street version.

Xcudame

Reaction score
IMO, you can't beat the rebuildable factor of the old reliable clutch type suregrip on the street. Auburn cone type is probably a little better for the street, but not rebuildable. But to each, his own. Lockers make too much noise going around corners.

heminut

Reaction score
Okay, I did the hard work for you and googled it;

What Is A Lunchbox Locker And How Does It Work?

Apparently, it's not a brand, it's generic term for a type of locker that can be installed in the carrier of an open differential and it's not made by any one particular company. So, in answer to your question, there is no "The Lunchbox differential", there are several lockers made by different manufacturers that fall under that generic term.

Adam

Reaction score
I have one, Powertrax I think, in my 48 Power Wagon rear diff. Never had any problems with it and it works well, but I don’t know how it would hold up behind any serious horsepower in a street car.

Back