• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Todd's 71 Challenger - on to body work

Todd Jackson

Reaction score
Stripped the rear left. Car had partial quarters welded on. I made the mistake of removing ALL the bondo. So now I am learning body work! I got the dura blocks and all the foam goodies. Have watched a LOT of You Tube. Got my guide coat. And arms like HULK HOGAN from sanding! Shooting for paint by April 1.

IMG_1328.JPG

IMG_1330.JPG

IMG_1334.JPG

IMG_1335.JPG

IMG_1337.JPG

IMG_1339.JPG

IMG_1340.JPG

Todd Jackson

Reaction score
Light primer coat ready for sanding

Attachments

• Quarter.JPG
    Quarter.JPG
    975.1 KB · Views: 186

Lambeth Dave

Reaction score
I dont know if you have finished the right top of the quarter panel...a couple of friendly suggestions...please ignore me if you already know or have already done this..I don't want to upset anyone just help.. By the look of the welds if you are using an argon sheilded mig..it looks as though the gas isnt on or you arent flowing enough cfm..also once done welding it is a great idea to put a light inside the trunk to see if any light shines through..if yes weld those holes up. Once done welding make sure there are no high spots and use a light skim of short strand kitty hair to seal water out..then apply your good quality bondo..that too is a biggie buy the best quality bondo it will sand and shape real nice..

CR-MOPAR

Reaction score
I dont know if you have finished the right top of the quarter panel...a couple of friendly suggestions...please ignore me if you already know or have already done this..I don't want to upset anyone just help.. By the look of the welds if you are using an argon sheilded mig..it looks as though the gas isnt on or you arent flowing enough cfm..also once done welding it is a great idea to put a light inside the trunk to see if any light shines through..if yes weld those holes up. Once done welding make sure there are no high spots and use a light skim of short strand kitty hair to seal water out..then apply your good quality bondo..that too is a biggie buy the best quality bondo it will sand and shape real nice..
Yeah I agree. Turn up the gas or maybe you are pulling the gun away too fast on the tack welds so the shielding gas can’t do it’s job. Either way I’d test on scrap pieces before it touched the car if the welds were coming out like that.

Todd Jackson

Reaction score
Working on alignment of quarters, trunk and hood.....

Attachments

• KKMO7162.JPG
    KKMO7162.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 173
Back