• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Two caveats when it comes to ordering parts;

340challconvert

Reaction score
I ordered the bumper fill in panel for my A66 vert to be delivered by FedEX.
I ordered the part from AMD and it was delivered to my door with the top of the tube cylinder holding the part ripped open. I saw the FedEx truck pull away as I went to the door to retrieve the delivery. Inside the tube, was the plastic bag and invoice and no part. Some one along the line in FedEx ripped open the container and stole the part. I filed a complaint with FedEx; they supposedly investigated and said they were not responsible.
😟
I contacted AMD and told them what happened; they took my information and sent me a new bumper fill panel within a very reasonable time.
😀
Lesson here; watch out for FedEx Services who charge top dollar for shipping then are unable to guarantee the item will not be stolen, and AMD is trustworthy and came through with the replacement part at no additional expense to me. CAVEAT EMPTOR

fasjac

Reaction score
Unfortunately you speak the truth. I have to deal with it a few times a year. Both UPS and FedX. Great to hear AMD took care of it.

RJHJR

Reaction score
Same.
ups destroyed a rebuilt ac heater core. A year later I still don’t have it resolved.

MerlinsMopars

Reaction score
Just got some hellcat wheels for my charger srt8 and was told lugs were inside 1 of the boxes. Just so happened 1 of the boxes were torn open. No lug nuts but the supplier sent me another set. Fed x delivered them so who knows if they just fell out or were taken. This is the new norm when ordering stuff for me.
Bought 4 tires same place and shipped same time but only got 3. Complained to Amazon and they refunded all the money. Waited for 3 weeks and the last 1 just showed up. That was usps tho and not gonna complain about that. That was the best customer service ever.

Big AL

Reaction score
I don't have any problems with UPS !.. But Fed Ex always problems with them when I order anything online my first question is who they use for shipment if they say Fed Ex and they don't have other carriers I tell that I pass too many problems with them I've lost too many items with them !

MerlinsMopars

Reaction score
Seems usps is the culprit up here. Have issues with them all the time. This was a 1st for fed x. Most of them live in the area so maybe you have a thief amongst them.

MerlinsMopars

Reaction score
Opposite up here. Usps is horrible. 1st time for fedx for me but you might have a thief for a driver.
Actually usps kinda gave me a 4 tire birthday present thru Amazon's refund and I generally don't like Amazon but they really stood up to their delivery guarantee. 275/40/20s aren't cheap. Now I got some nice rims to boot!

DrEamer

Reaction score
My experience is that UPS is the most reliable for tracking, and on time delivery. USPS is a mixed bag, with reasonable delivery, but not great tracking. Fedex can't hit a delivery time to save themselves, and their package routing is really strange. I have seen a package actually travel farther away before heading back in my direction. That said, Amazon's own delivery takes the cake. I have had packages track to 70 miles away, then be half way across the county two hours later. That only happened once, but other packages getting misrouted to the wrong warehouse is far too common.

Last edited:

RJHJR

Reaction score
My wife once sent a pair of shoes from Columbus Ohio to my son in NYC. They went via Guam, seriously!

Back