• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Unique Block Missing

GTX Rick

Reaction score
Unique Block Missing. Last seen in Seattle Washington, in a collectors garage around the early 2000's. The 440 block is missing the last three digits - they were cold chiseled off. All that remains along the pan rail is A1 139--- Casting date is probably between May and August time frame. Cars build date was Dec. 9, 1970. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

IMG_2854.jpeg

Mr Cuda

Reaction score
To have any hope of finding it, describe who and where the collector was.
A location maybe.
Many of us know all the whackos.
We might have seen the 71 block but didn't look at the vin to know your details.
So focus on the person.

GTX Rick

Reaction score
To have any hope of finding it, describe who and where the collector was.
A location maybe.
Many of us know all the whackos.
We might have seen the 71 block but didn't look at the vin to know your details.
So focus on the person.
Thanks for the reply Sir, I appreciate the tips. Was not sure on posting names and dont want to piss anyone off. The person that actually saw the block in the early 2000's said the guy apparently had a promo Cuda covertible. Any leads you might have would be awesome.

Last edited:

pschlosser

Reaction score
Missing how? Stolen? Legitimate sale? Swap meet? And if some of the numbers are "cold chiseled off," doesn't that mean it's not a "numbers matching" engine block anymore? Why do you seek the engine block? What's your claim on it?

For all we know, you could be the psycho stalking an innocent mopar-lover.
:rofl:

GTX Rick

Reaction score
Missing how? Stolen? Legitimate sale? Swap meet? And if some of the numbers are "cold chiseled off," doesn't that mean it's not a "numbers matching" engine block anymore? Why do you seek the engine block? What's your claim on it?

For all we know, you could be the psycho stalking an innocent mopar-lover.
:rofl:
Hehehe ! No Im not a Mopar psycho stalker. The engine was sold at a Washington swap meet many years ago. I have the car it was out of. Just thought I would see if it was still around somewhere.

pschlosser

Reaction score
okay, so it's all friendly, and you're hoping for a miracle long-shot so you can find it, and the owner will happily yank the motor from the car and sell it to you. All good. Thanks for clarifying.

I, too, have lost a numbers-matching block through fault of MY OWN, and still hold a hope I can find it. But I've not bothered to put a feeler out, it seems to hopeless.

For the internet search engines indexing this post, I'm looking for a 1970 440 HP block that once had a hole in the side made by a broken connection rod, with an oil pan rail number 0E132617.

I may be wiling to bear ones child for recovery of this block.

Back