• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Upper Control Arm Bushings?

Tirekickertoo

Reaction score
Hello,
What is everyone using using for upper control arm bushings? I have a 1971 Challenger with factory upper control arms. I want to install MOOG K7103 eccentric/offset bushing but can't seem to get them to press in without pushing/tipping to one side. I have all the correct busing press tools etc. I installed the same bushings about eight years ago in another Challenger without having this problem. Is this a MOOG issue? I've heard quality control hasn't been great in other MOOG parts. I'm frustrated enough now to buy and install regular upper control arm bushings. This is a street car, and I want to keep the factory upper control arms. What would you recommend installing?

Thanks in advance for your help,

Tirekickertoo

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
Have you measured the old & new bushings & holes , is there any damage to the holes in the arms ?
The Offset bushings are nice for adding more caster obviously .

Tirekickertoo

Reaction score
Have you measured the old & new bushings & holes , is there any damage to the holes in the arms ?
The Offset bushings are nice for adding more caster obviously .
Hello,
The old bushings pressed out without issue. The upper control arms holes are round and I don't see any damage. Measuring the OD of the new MOOG eccentric bushings with calipers, the new eccentric bushing are about .045 larger in diameter than the hole on the upper control arm.

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
.045 is more than an interference fit !!
you could probably trim .043 off on a lathe

Back