• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Upper control arm camber adjustment eccentric bolt

Tirekickertoo

Reaction score
Hello, When looking at the upper control arms, which eccentric bolt controls only the camber movement of the arm? Is it the same eccentric bolt on the drivers side as well as the passengers side? I just finished rebuilding the complete front end and have noticeable positive camber. I want to get the front wheels "more vertical" so I can drive the car a few miles to the alignment shop. I am using stock upper control arms but have added Moog eccentric bushings to have more caster/camber adjustment.

Thanks in advance for your help,

Tirekickertoo

moparleo

Reaction score
Both sides are the same. To get the maximum camber you rotate the cams so that the bolt end is facing to the inside of the fender. This pushes the top of the tire to the outside. Don't worry about the caster. Let the alignment shop set that for you. Make sure the shop that you take it to has the specs and the experience to do a complete camber, caster, toe adjustment on your car. Most alignment shops just set the toe on the modern strut type suspensions so don't assume that they can do it. Call first.

Tirekickertoo

Reaction score
Both sides are the same. To get the maximum camber you rotate the cams so that the bolt end is facing to the inside of the fender. This pushes the top of the tire to the outside. Don't worry about the caster. Let the alignment shop set that for you. Make sure the shop that you take it to has the specs and the experience to do a complete camber, caster, toe adjustment on your car. Most alignment shops just set the toe on the modern strut type suspensions so don't assume that they can do it. Call first.

Thanks moparleo, It's interesting that the books and shop manuals I have don't really go into too much detail on how to setup the alignment? Thanks for the alignment shop advice. The shop I'm taking the car to has a good reputation of doing a proper alignment. That being said, I won't assume, I will verify with this shop that they do the complete camber, caster, and toe adjustment.

Thank you,

Tirekickertoo

Back