• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Vin number, sequence number and sequential #

ghbbuzzard

Reaction score
My 70 cuda has a vin# of BS 23 U0B228266. What do the sequential number, the sequence number and the order number mean?

Sequence # 1038881
Order# 108099776
Sequential # 228266

Do these numbers help me find out how many Cuda's made like mine, and what number is mine of the Cuda's production.
Thank you,
Ghbbuzzard

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
Basically the Vin is the build # assigned ot the car , they were not built in order but about the same time as orders came in .
The order # is the number the car was tracked by before & after the vin was assigned , once the build was entered into the system the order # was given to that build .
the sequence # may be the actual order the cars were built in so even if the vin was sequential the cars were usually built in a different order depending on parts availability .
For example challenger shaker hoods were rare & often unavailable so the order would have gone into the system & been given a order # , the VIN would then have been created but the build could have been delayed for a month or more until a supply of shaker hoods arrived .
None of these # will help you find out how many similar cudas were built to yours or how many total cudas were produced.

Back