• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Vinyl Top Trim

BubbaJ

Reaction score
My 73 Challenger had the vinyl top removed by previous owner. I want to put the top back on. Looking for a template to show where to put the trim fasteners. I plan to use a kit for 1970 since the studs have been ground off
Thanks for any help advice as to how best complete this

Adam

Reaction score
If you have the trim, I would assemble it and place it on the car to see where it wants to lay for the best fit. Take some measurements and pics for reference. Then look at pics of original cars and compare it to yours. The clips will not be visible so you can place them where you need them. My 71 Challenger did not have any clips in the curved area; just along the sides and the straight piece under the back window (Pretty much just on the straight areas of trim).

Challenger RTA

Reaction score
As Adam said: use the trim for lay out.Maybe you could even borrow from someone for lay out,as mine is off for replacement.If you put the one by the 1/4 window and assemble it should almost lay out on it,s own. There is a second pin and clip in the picture if it helps.

20210609_212102.jpg

Last edited:

BubbaJ

Reaction score
If you have the trim, I would assemble it and place it on the car to see where it wants to lay for the best fit. Take some measurements and pics for reference. Then look at pics of original cars and compare it to yours. The clips will not be visible so you can place them where you need them. My 71 Challenger did not have any clips in the curved area; just along the sides and the straight piece under the back window (Pretty much just on the straight areas of trim).
Found a post where you replied to guy in 2018. If you search in trim an search for

Location of Vinyl top trim holes​

It comes up with pictures and measurements of where the holes should be

jsandy

Reaction score
I originally used measurements from someone on a different site. Several holes were way off. I figured out i had to lay my trim on the car, tape it down in the best position possible and draw along the edges onto the car. I was able to get my holes better placed, but had to weld in several mis-located holes from someone else’s measurements.

Back