• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Voltage falls off...

Geoff1200

Reaction score
Just picked up a 72 Cuda 340 and noticed the voltage drops and the car starts missing. Happened twice in 10 miles. Without randomly replacing parts and hoping to cure the issue, anyone have some insight they wish to share?

A quick inspection didn't reveal anything amiss, wiring is clean n' tight, grounds are good, advice welcome.

hpjunke

Reaction score
sounds like your voltage regulator is not doing its job . I remember when i alternator was going south it was making my lights dim and would run like s#it !

Geoff1200

Reaction score
Adv.Auto tested alt. and said it was bad, replaced with a 65 amp and still have issues...not as bad thou. Will replace regulator and hope for the best...

Don't have an amp guage, just voltage, car was rewired during older resto, no horns, windshield washer, very clean/spartan eng. bay. Haven't figured how to post pic's ...

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
at the bottom of the window when you click reply not the quick reply window you will see an attach files box to add a picture

Geoff1200

Reaction score
at the bottom of the window when you click reply not the quick reply window you will see an attach files box to add a picture

??? Maybe I'm dumb...I don't see it...

Huummm, is this it???

100_0854.jpg

burntorange70

Reaction score
Nice car! Them wiring gremlins sure to suck to chase down. Mabby try using a tester at different spots and see what you come up with. One area to look at is the bulk head connector. Good luck.

Back