• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

wanted: 15" x 5.5" stock steel wheels

Status
Not open for further replies.

kursplat

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
looking for a set of 15" x 5.5" LBP steel wheels. nothing fancy, just cheep stockers for local pick up in the los angeles area.
you know your wishing someone would take em', they're just taking up space in you garage
icon_biggrin.gif

thanks, chuck

moparleo

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Could you be more specific? What is this supposed to fit? What Pattern size is Large Bolt Pattern? on 5 1/2" ? This was a bolt pattern on Chrysler products in the fifties, but they were 14." Jeeps and Ford pick-ups were 5 on 5 1/2 " bolt pattern in the 60's and 70's.

kursplat

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
sorry, although i've had a couple challengers over the years, i usually hang out at forAbodiesonly, where Large Bolt Pattern is usually 5 on 4 1/2" and Small Bolt Pattern is 5 on 4". i need 5 on 4 1/2". they're going on my 74' dart. 6" wide would probably be fine too if that's all that's out in the world. i thought ma mopar had used 15 x 5 1/2" wide on some cars but maybe they were 6" wide. as happens in this hobby, i've gotten rid of stuff over the years that was deemed too low performance when i was younger, and too stupid to realize i might want it later.

thanks

moparleo

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
OK If you are looking for just something in a 15" that is going to be economical. that is going to be harder than you might think. 14" are much more common in that pattern. 15" were generally a performance option. So they sell for much more. The 15" became standard when disc brakes became OEM in the mid 70's. Like you said, the A-bodies were mostly a 14" 5on4, until later with larger brakes. You best bet is going to be someone who is into later B-bodies as they are mostly 15" 5on4 1/2. Also a common Ford wheel. Have you tried your local pick-a-part yet? Just take a tape measure with you.

kursplat

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK If you are looking for just something in a 15" that is going to be economical. that is going to be harder than you might think. 14" are much more common in that pattern. 15" were generally a performance option. So they sell for much more. The 15" became standard when disc brakes became OEM in the mid 70's. Like you said, the A-bodies were mostly a 14" 5on4, until later with larger brakes. You best bet is going to be someone who is into later B-bodies as they are mostly 15" 5on4 1/2. Also a common Ford wheel. Have you tried your local pick-a-part yet? Just take a tape measure with you.
thanks moparleo, i've been taking wheels out of PP for years. i've always gone with cop car wheels but this time i'm looking for something a little lighter without going to an after market one. i've posted this on FOR A/B/C/F-M-J/E BODIES but nothing yet. i'm in no hurry, probably have a year left on the tires i have now, and spring fling is just around the corner, so i'll see what happens
chuck

moparleo

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'll see you out there. I have been selling door hinges that I rebuild and various parts I come across for abut 15 years now at both the Spring Fling and the Fall Fling. Depending on where you live, the Riverside show in May is back on after a few years. Mopars in May, May 19.California School for the Deaf is the location and it is a good oppotunity to do a little fund raising forsome of the less fortunate. Any way , I'll see anyone at any of the shows and can deliver any parts purchased from me up to the day before the show.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back