• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

We are a generation that will never come back

Mopar Nut

Reaction score
32921A4A-1C05-4809-A692-6BB9DF943B9F.jpeg

A generation that walked to school and then walked back.

A generation that did their homework alone to get out asap to play in the street.

A generation that spent all their free time on the street with their Friends.

A generation that played hide and seek when dark.

A generation that made mud cakes.

A generation that collected sports cards.

A generation that found, collected and washed & Returned empty coke bottles to the local grocery store for 5 cents each , then bought a Mountain Dew and candy bar with the money.

A generation that made paper toys with their bare hands.

A generation who bought vinyl albums to play on record players.

A generation that collected photos and albums of clippings.

A generation that played board games and cards on rainy days.

A generation whose TV went off at midnight after playing the National Anthem.

A generation that had parents who were there.

A generation that laughed under the covers in bed so parents didn't know we were still awake.

A generation that is passing and unfortunately it will never return!!..

I loved Growing up when I did.

Challenger RTA

Reaction score
Some of us are still here.Are actives and toys have changed.Ill be right back need to put second pot of starter fluid on. ☕Mt Dew comes later in the day. Is there a Red pill and Blue pill in there somewhere too!

Last edited:

Challenger RTA

Reaction score
I walked to school and then walked back.Up hill through 3' of snow both ways//Sometimes did homework to grab a gun :elmer: 🦌🦌and get out into 🦌woods with Dad,friends or cousins. //Played hide and seek when dark Cowboys and Indians,cops and robbers. sometimes used are finger and got away with it! // Blocked up a neighbors steam and blamed the Beaver. // sports cards Remember the brown grocery bag yes sir yes sir had 2 bags full . Still have a 63 Micky Mantle card. //Found beer bottles too.lots of them. //Fix bicycles with bare hands.and went were no kid has gone before. We thought! came upon a steamed up car!!! :elmer: //📀Vinyl albums and 45's. good for skeet shooting. miss with sling shoot out come the guns. //photos and albums of clippings.Look at all the old people and old cars. look were we are now! //board games and cards on rainy days. Use card board or vinyl to slide down a hill and under a car. Now rainy days it will wait. // Took a couple of tv's apart at night and put back together and nobody knew. Looking for the 3 stooges ,never found them! // Parents who were there.But I wasn't! //Would do experiments at night.pop a fuse one time.parents watching Johnny Carson. //There are some younger one's like us.don't loose faith. It,s like a mirror image .very scary. there out there.waiting for there moment. HOW close do you think someone like me watch their son. VERY CLOSE! He now eye's up my tools (if there is a tool missing I check his pockets) and challenger.I tell him over my dead body. his response. Can make that happen. No really he is one of the good guys as there are others.

Last edited:

70chall440

Reaction score
I am also a part of this generation and all of those things listed are true, however lets not forget the darker side of our generation;
  • crack cocaine epidemic
  • HIV/AIDS
  • gas crunch
  • crappy cars of the 80's
  • Jimmy Carter...
:rofl:

Challenger RTA

Reaction score
Nothing has changed! opioid epidemic and covid.// High gas prices that shouldn't be! //Crappy cars of this decade and prior.// Slow Joe! As Carter was the first to give immigrants a check when they crossed the boarder. There is always a Dark side.It's how you live with it! My mind is like a rusted steel trap.nothing get in or out. 70's stacked inflation. now where almost there. Getting gas odd and even according to inspection sticker. Being in the service you would be exempt. now their are common billionaires and millionaires. ////The only thing that got better? BR-549. And I wounder,Who is watching or listening. Then when the service goes out most go ballistic.My son works IT for a large company He hears it first (ear) hand. So we act like that are we better off? Your actions determinan who you are!

Last edited:

Challenger RTA

Reaction score

“The mystery of life isn't a problem to solve, but a reality to experience.” Take my wife for example. No really take her! I have yet to figure her out? This is all I'm allowed.my fantasy girl friend.they look similar.​

Attachments

• ANGIE HARMON.jpg
    ANGIE HARMON.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 144

JP8

Reaction score
My son and daughter (9 & 15) does or did all ALMOST of those things
✅A generation that walked to school and then walked back.
Before we moved onto a National Forest, yes.
✅A generation that did their homework alone to get out asap to play in the street.
In the woods? Yes.
✅A generation that spent all their free time on the street with their Friends.
Before we moved onto a National Forest, yes. Now, they spend their free time outside.
✅A generation that played hide and seek when dark.
Before we moved onto a National Forest, yes. Now you might be hiding next to a rattlesnake out here.
✅A generation that made mud cakes.
Mud pies in a pie plate.
✅A generation that collected sports cards.
Now it's Pokemon cards. Same concept. I still have over 4,000 baseball cards but the interaction is the same with Pokemon cards and baseball cards. They actually interact with them more. I was a collector. Keeping the rarest cards stowed away in sheets or card holders. THey actually play with the Pokemon.
✅A generation that found, collected and washed & Returned empty coke bottles to the local grocery store for 5 cents each , then bought a Mountain Dew and candy bar with the money.
We recycle cans and glass and the kids get the extra money for doing it.
✅A generation that made paper toys with their bare hands.
My son is an origami master and the winner of his schools paper airplane contest. I am really proud of him for that.
✅A generation who bought vinyl albums to play on record players.
I bought a record player a few years ago and my daughter, specifically, collects records. Vinyl has made a huge resurgence.
✅A generation that collected photos and albums of clippings.
What kid hasn't done this, especially around Christmas.
✅A generation that played board games and cards on rainy days.
💯
❌A generation whose TV went off at midnight after playing the National Anthem.
TV stations don't do that anymore but my son helps fold the flag almost every evening we take it down.
✅A generation that had parents who were there.
💯
❓A generation that laughed under the covers in bed so parents didn't know we were still awake.
Don't know about this one. I guess I always thought they were sleeping?
❓A generation that is passing and unfortunately it will never return!!..
It's only gone if you let it slip away. Did you think life was automatic?

Yella71

Reaction score
One day at a time people one day at a time.....thats all you can do. and dont waste any of it ,and make the best of what you have. My new found optimism is from a few new life changes that have been in the works for a while that no matter who is trying their damdest to F the world up is NOT going to get in my way.

Back