• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

What transmission to plan on using?

70ch

Reaction score
Can you ise a factory 6 speed stick transmission in a 74 challenger? Do they mske a internal shifter for them? Or is it too long to long? Thanks

ChallengerGary

Reaction score
Well, the engine I was planning on buying went up in smoke yesterday. Literally. The guy's shop specialized in modern Hemi powered performance upgrades. He did a ton of Hellcat swaps etc. Changes my plans a little but not that much. Will just have to find another one. Thankfully, nobody was seriously injured in the blaze.

308797567_424547136460350_4500498056158700458_n.jpg

70ch

Reaction score
I want to use a new hemi 6 speed but have not seen any discussion about using one of these. Wondering how much floor qork would need to be done and if it is too long to fit in a 74 ebody car. And if you can put a regular shift into one of them. Thanks

heminut

Reaction score
Well, the engine I was planning on buying went up in smoke yesterday. Literally. The guy's shop specialized in modern Hemi powered performance upgrades. He did a ton of Hellcat swaps etc. Changes my plans a little but not that much. Will just have to find another one. Thankfully, nobody was seriously injured in the blaze.

View attachment 98685
Damn! I hate to see something like that! We've had a rash of arsons around here over the last year and on victim was an upholstery shop that had a couple of classic cars in the back. One was a Chevy Caprice, and the other one was an AMC Javelin. He also had a 60's El Camino sitting outside the building on the opposite side from the fire that was untouched. Someone also set fire to the old Ford dealership (it was closed down) a couple of months ago.

ChallengerGary

Reaction score
Damn! I hate to see something like that! We've had a rash of arsons around here over the last year and on victim was an upholstery shop that had a couple of classic cars in the back. One was a Chevy Caprice, and the other one was an AMC Javelin. He also had a 60's El Camino sitting outside the building on the opposite side from the fire that was untouched. Someone also set fire to the old Ford dealership (it was closed down) a couple of months ago.
That's terrible. This was not arson. It was a stupid mistake by a mechanic. He drilled into what he thought was an empty gas tank with a cordless drill - it wasn't empty obviously. He suffered burns on his hands and arms plus face (not too bad on the face). Hos fellow worker that tried to help put it out got 3rd degree burns on one of his legs/foot. The owner of the shop got smoke inhalation. Thankfully, none of them were more seriously injured.

tazzymoto

Reaction score
The 545rfe needs a big place to live. See the thread above. I bought the engine and trans together. It took a lot bigger hole than I expected, But it will be worth it in the end, I plan on driving this thing alot.

junkyard

Reaction score
Damn I didn't have to cut anything on hp70 with the holley swap kit. Cut a few tabs off trans and light massaged the tunnel.

View attachment 98540
What tcu are you using? Standalone or factory? I have the factory but not sure which way to go. Would like to add paddle shifter also just for fun. I've read you have to use the factory sifter also.

Back