• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

windows first or head liner?

Challenger RTA

Reaction score
RTA meant "in general"
Yes meant in general.I knew there would be a few panes:lol: broken over that statement.But posted it any how for the fun of it. In modern windshield installations urethane is used to hold the windshield in the event of air bag deployment.To hold and deflect the air bag to the occupant.

Last edited:

northstart

Reaction score
Personally, I installed the vinyl top and headliner before front and rear glass. For me, it gives more accessibility around the openings without fear of damaging the glass. But, to each his own.View attachment 98020View attachment 98021View attachment 98022
I have glasses off the car and also planning to put headliner first. In the last picture you have the headliner edges turned around the rear glass frame, on the surface where butyl strip/sealer goes. Did you cut those headlinerstrips away before applying the adhesive?
package-tray-jpg.98022

Juan Veldez

Reaction score
I have glasses off the car and also planning to put headliner first. In the last picture you have the headliner edges turned around the rear glass frame, on the surface where butyl strip/sealer goes. Did you cut those headlinerstrips away before applying the adhesive?
package-tray-jpg.98022
I have not installed the glass yet, but I will trim the headliner back so that the butyl strip will have contact to the entire metal surface at the perimeter and hopefully will provide a positive seal. I'll trim it back just to the point where the cliips are located. As a side note, I had to rip out this package tray as the rear window defogger vent must have be for a different car and my spare tire would not fit - ugh. All back together again. Thress steps forward, one step back seems to be the way this thing progresses.

Back