• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

windshield trim clips as seem in photo, there are no trim clips for the windshield trim- around the turn, is there more that i missed??

michael bucklew

Reaction score
IMG_1901.jpgIMG_1903.jpg

IMG_1900.jpg

Juan Veldez

Reaction score
I have a 73 Chally. I have three studs for the clips coming down the pillar. There is one near the vinyl fold as you turn the corner on mine.

michael bucklew

Reaction score
I have a 73 Chally. I have three studs for the clips coming down the pillar. There is one near the vinyl fold as you turn the corner on mine.
not there-----checked and re checked before vinyl top and windshield install----

Juan Veldez

Reaction score
Filler Panel Trim fasteners.jpg
Not sure either the screw or the rivet can be successfully installed at the proper angle with the glass in place. Especially if there is no hole there yet.

terrywalker

Reaction score
If you try to install clips after the windshield is installed, be prepared to buy another windshield. I did.
Terry W.

Challenger RTA

Reaction score
Tape on outside.3 on each side.6 across the top. drill 1/16" hole then enlarge to 1/8". Use a small spacer in the channel to protect windshield and hold starting point. or drill a hole in a stick . Popsicle sticks or a piece of metal to hold you position. Use small needle nose to turn screw in.It's a pisser but it can be done.
Think you way out of this problem!
challenger windsheid clip locaton.png

Last edited:

michael bucklew

Reaction score
Tape on outside.3 on each side.6 across the top. drill 1/16" hole then enlarge to 1/8". Use a small spacer in the channel to protect windshield and hold starting point. or drill a hole in a stick . Popsicle sticks or a piece of metal to hold you position. Use small needle nose to turn screw in.It's a pisser but it can be done.
Think you way out of this problem!
View attachment 97721
biggest thinking problem was not cracking glass

Back