• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Windshield Wipers not parking correct

TC_Cuda

Reaction score
I have my wipers working but... When I turn off the wipers it should it should " lengthen the wiper arm to put them in the park position" by the motor itself rotating 180 inside the motor
Mine however does just the opposite and go's to the park position to start wiping the windshield.

So do I have the wrong motor ( I can't fine a part number on the motor ) or could something be wired backwards...is that even possible
This is on a 74 Cuda with the 3 speed wiper.

I know its hard to troubleshoot something like this without being there but, any help
or suggestions are greatly appreciated

Adam

Reaction score
The service manual has a section for trouble shooting the wipers. Commonly, there are dirty / greasy contacts.. if you have the correct wiper motor it would be hard to wire incorrectly because it plugs into the harness.

quapman

Reaction score
The contact plate on the face of the motor has a tab to locate the park contacts in the correct position. If it's in the wrong place, you might get your current situation. I don't have pics or tech. info handy, so I can't be much more help until I get home. I recently installed a "rebuilt" motor that had the contact plate on 180 degrees off! I used a known e-body motor for reference to get it right.

TC_Cuda

Reaction score
quapman This may be something for me to look at but, I'm not sure where this part would be installed ( I am looking for a good breakdown picture )
I put things back together the way I found them so, I'm not sure its right.
Also I should have said that when I had the dash out the wiring has been "worked on" and there are splices and one odd thing ( yea just one odd thing...one after another ) I am not sure it has the correct switch... the switch seems to work as, I get 3 speeds but, and the park part is the only thing that does not work correctly
now the odd thing...one of the plugs looks like it was "broken" to use it on this switch ( it looks like it was a 90 degree plug that was snapped in half and there is no location on the switch that would use a 90 degree plug??? it is plugged in at 2 spots on the switch.

Adam thank you for the response, a service manual is one of the things I really should find I know it would help me.

again thank you for the responce

Back