• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Wiper motor switch

Dutch 165

Reaction score
Can you use a 3 speed wiper switch with a 2 speed wiper motor? I'm changing out standard dash with a rallye guage cluster and harness.

Dutch 165

Reaction score
Do all rallye switch panels have the 3 speed wiper switch, the two that I have do, checking to see if that was standard or an option.

Slotts

Reaction score
Can you use a 3 speed wiper switch with a 2 speed wiper motor? I'm changing out standard dash with a rallye guage cluster and harness.

No. Simply put, the variable speed 70-71 and the three speed 72+ switches has the resistance to change speeds built into the switch. The two speed switches had the resistance at the motor. If you look at a two speed motor, there is a ballast resistor on it.

Slotts

Slotts

Reaction score
Do all rallye switch panels have the 3 speed wiper switch, the two that I have do, checking to see if that was standard or an option.

Yes, all rallye switch panels were either variable 70-71 or three speed 72+. If you notice the woodgrain cover plate always said WIPER-WASHER. Two speed switches for the E bodies do not support the electric washer.

Slotts

Back