• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Wipers won’t park

DustyDave

Reaction score
I have a 1973 Cuda. I’ve had it about a year. Never tried to use the wipers. Today I actually turned them on by mistake….. It must be a bad connection with the switch…. The wipers start working, then then start working again. But the big problem is that when I turn it off, the wipers won’t park….. they just stay wherever they are when I turn the switch off. Any ideas on how I can get them to park? I’m thinking about removing the wiper arms, since the car basically only goes the car shows or cruises.

Avalanche

Reaction score
I had the same problem, 3 speed wiper, it was a bad ground at the switch. I ran a separate wire from the back of switch to dash for a better ground.

DustyDave

Reaction score
I had the same problem, 3 speed wiper, it was a bad ground at the switch. I ran a separate wire from the back of switch to dash for a better ground.
That wouldn’t surprise me…. Probably part of my problem. My dash lights don’t work either.

EW1BH27

Reaction score
is that the same for a 2 speed 71 challenger?
I don't have much experience with 2 speed ones but I'd make sure the motor and switch are definitely grounded using an ohmmeter to squash any doubt. Sometimes the switch plate mounting screw used for ground comes loose or falls out (picture).

I've seen videos where a 2 speed will reverse but not go all the way to park. Does yours just stop as soon as you turn the switch to off?

SwcGnd.jpg

strycker

Reaction score
Sometimes and sometimes it won't stop unless i put the switch part way between stop and on. I tried a #14 (gound)to a screw where your picture shows and to a body screw on the metal where the dash screws onto the body. I had ground problems before (heater motor working when i put rear defogger) on and side marker lights and tail lights not working I installed a braided ground from heater blower stun to engine and a small #14 from tailights side marker lights to body and that worked. I have parked my car for our canadian winter,but will be able to work on it after christmas so i'll start over on the switch.Thanks for the info and would appreciate anything else if you would suggest in the future
IMG_1361.JPG

JustMoparing

Reaction score
When you turn the wiper switch off, the wipers should park and shut off. the Blue wire is the park circuit lead it should be hot when the wiper switch is turned off and key is on.

Back