• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Wish I was old enough to buy one in 1963!

340challconvert

Reaction score
Plymouth dealer advertising 63 Plymouth Super Stock cars.
12 in stock starting at $2599.
My father did buy a 63 Plymouth new, but it was a 4 door Savoy with a slant six and push button automatic.
Dino2 (1).gif

ed7f944b2b09742cbea43cf267461cab.jpg

You also had to appreciate the fact that the dealership employed a "Racing Director"

Last edited:

340challconvert

Reaction score
We already know the history, but imagine being able to order aluminum body panels,
11-13.5 compression ratios and having 12- 426 Super Stocks in inventory with 26 more cars to come!
All this plus easy financing and trade-ins.
Dino2 (1).gif

DetMatt1

Reaction score
What were the production numbers for these? That seems like a lot for one dealer to have.

seneca

Reaction score
Thanks for the memories !!! ( Apologies to Bob Hope ) The C-P dealer across the street from my house had one of these on the lot for a couple of weeks. My buddy and I went over to dream our 16 year old boy's dream about owning one of these beauties. We popped the hood and stared in awe at that massive 426 wedge. Then the dealership owner's voice boomed out from across the lot ... " that's an all aluminum front end you're leaning on, son". Didn't know if that meant get the hell out or just an FYI! Anyway it sure was awesome!

340challconvert

Reaction score
The price also seems low at 2599, but that was a lot of money back then. My dad paid a tad over 2k for the Savoy in 63.

/sixchall

Reaction score
PAHARAMIA, this is real funny, my Dad had a 1963 or '64 Plymouth Savoy, push button auto. also back in '64-'68, was sort of a non descript gray in color. He called it the Gray Ghost. Powered by the venerable 225 SL6. Thanks, Al

340challconvert

Reaction score
PAHARAMIA, this is real funny, my Dad had a 1963 or '64 Plymouth Savoy, push button auto. also back in '64-'68, was sort of a non descript gray in color. He called it the Gray Ghost. Powered by the venerable 225 SL6. Thanks, Al
That's cool
My father's 63 Savoy was a white, 4 door, push button auto trans and PS with the rubber floor rather then rugs. That slant six went forever. He called it Betsy! I miss that car!
Phil
Dino2 (1).gif

71RT383

Reaction score
Very cool ad !
I also like that it states ," Factory optionals & all Racing Parts AVIALABLE NOW!!!!" ; and they are, " Ready for Immediate Delivery "!

/sixchall

Reaction score
Paharamia, That car really comes to mind now. My recollection is, it was a 1963 Plymouth Savoy, that plain solid gray exterior, a 4dr. Plain gray bench seat interior, push button Auto. and the rubber mats but no PS. Under the hood still the 225 SL6, at that time I believe I was 16 or 17 years old. Every time Dad had to go somewhere, he'd say "come on let's take the Plymouth". I miss him and I miss that damned Plymouth. Thanks, Al

340challconvert

Reaction score
Paharamia, That car really comes to mind now. My recollection is, it was a 1963 Plymouth Savoy, that plain solid gray exterior, a 4dr. Plain gray bench seat interior, push button Auto. and the rubber mats but no PS. Under the hood still the 225 SL6, at that time I believe I was 16 or 17 years old. Every time Dad had to go somewhere, he'd say "come on let's take the Plymouth". I miss him and I miss that damned Plymouth. Thanks, Al
I have those same good memories. I distinctly remember the big, center radio grill looking at you from the dash, my father pushing the trans buttons, the red horn button and the tick tick tick of the mechanical lifters from the slant six.
I miss my Dad and the car!
I was 11 yrs old.
Now we're the fathers.
Happy Father's Day to you Al if so inclined.
Dino2 (1).gif

Last edited:
Back