• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

worth it to do modifications to '70 440 Cuda?

ryan1522

Reaction score
I was curious what people's thoughts are on the value or decrease in value of doing modifications. I get it if you have a basic 318 barracuda for example and put in 440, power brakes..etc. But what if you have a U code car with non-numbers matching 440? Would adding a rear spoiler, power disc brakes, rims and tires decrease value at all? This is an automatic, so 1 of 618 build 440 autos.
I guess I'm wondering if I'd be better off paying much less for 318 cuda and modify all the stuff or is having the u code still worth $15k more even with original engine gone.

challenger6pak

Reaction score
I don't feel that adding a spoiler and power brakes to a non-numbers matching U code car will hurt it's value. In fact, it may help it a little. Rims and tires shouldn't affect value. They are a bolt on item unless you go to large brakes also. Stock wheels can be bolted back on in very little time. A U code car will always have more value than a 318 car.

Avalanche

Reaction score
I don't feel that adding a spoiler and power brakes to a non-numbers matching U code car will hurt it's value. In fact, it may help it a little. Rims and tires shouldn't affect value. They are a bolt on item unless you go to large brakes also. Stock wheels can be bolted back on in very little time. A U code car will always have more value than a 318 car.

I agree, here. Just keep the original stuff (you will need it later)

Back