• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

WTB the perfect E-body Cuda for me (1970, 72, 73, or 74)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Greetings:

I thought it best to make a posting (and join) this forum to find the right Cuda for me. I've had very good experiences with forums during my motorcycle mechanic adventures over the years. Also, I have the hope that folks here genuinely care and might help me find, then, as resources permit, help with questions on this lifelong decision to get one of these cars...that's surely a better approach than trolling Craig's List.

Basic Requirements
- Any E-body except 1971
- Not a previous drag car or project drag car
- 4 speed
- prefer complete car, but not finished
- period correct parts- not pro mod, not pro touring,
- can be in primer or body assembled (different body pieces fine as long a correct body parts)
- prefer to do any body filler, prime and paint myself
- small rust repair ok, nothing major
- bad engine and bad tranny ok as long as all parts are there and can be out of car

moparlee

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to the site from Michigan. Good luck with your E-body search, I'm sure you will find what you want. Just curious, why do you exclude 1971?

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thanks! I grew up in Holland, MI.

If I wanted the quad headlight look, I'd buy a Challenger- cheaper and more plentiful

DetMatt1

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Welcome to the site from the Motor City! Joining here is a good idea but I wouldn't stop trolling Craigslist. You're in the right region, you guys have some of the more solid cars in the NW. My Imperial accumulated most of its 150K miles in your neighborhood and has 0 rust.

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, they do come up from time to time so I'll keep checking CL. Agreed; no salt on the roads and many owners store vintage items in covered areas because of all the rain which helps for preservation.

Cudakiller70

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I too am new to Mopars and needed to get a feel for what is out there and what's their worth. Started looking at everything and trying to figure it out. The good finds are still out there, but you gotta be quick depending what it is. I missed out on a eBay buy it now 70 Cuda purple (4 speed I think) 17k was in storage many years. Missed by minutes, talked to seller just in case deal fell through.
I used all sources I could find for postings and text/email alerts. Oh and word of mouth sometimes works. At a family party was talking to my daughter in laws dad whose brother just sold a 70 Challenger he had been storing forever, his wife finally talked him into selling it. Ugh 1 week too late.
Good luck

pete9857

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Michael, check out my 73 Cuda in the for sale section. It might be in the stage your looking for, Good Luck

340challconvert

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Michael, Check out "carsonline"
Interesting cars sometimes turn up.
I scroll through the site on occasion to see what is for sale!
Happy hunting and welcome to FEBO.
1970-75 Cars For Sale
They also have a project cars section.
Dino2 (1).gif

smitty

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a nice all original numbers matching 1973 340 4 speed cuda i may part with pm me if you are still lookin 95% rustfree all original running driving car...... need int work.....

thanks

DillonCrow

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a nice all original numbers matching 1973 340 4 speed cuda i may part with pm me if you are still lookin 95% rustfree all original running driving car...... need int work.....

thanks

Still got that Cuda, smitty?

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thought I'd add to my original post as it's been a while- over a year- and still have not found a car yet. I was really interested in one that someone from the forum contacted me on. He was talking in the high teens then 2 weeks later he was close to 30K and gave me a couple different addresses of where the car was...beware, there's bozos at every forum.

If there is a helpful person out there that would give me some consulting help on the most important things to look for in buying a cuda, that would be great. I prefer to do the bodywork and paint myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back