• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Yellow zinc plating

gran coupe john

Reaction score
Is there a paint that comes close to the yellow zinc? I really appreciate all the information you all been giving me

Thank you!!!

20230816_131320.jpg

cuda joe

Reaction score
eastwood has some.. I took all my stuff everything on the car that got plated to a local plating shop the yellow is just stuff they dip it in after it;s cadmium plated

pschlosser

Reaction score
eastwood has some.. I took all my stuff everything on the car that got plated to a local plating shop the yellow is just stuff they dip it in after it;s cadmium plated
after an item is zinc plated, and it's silver, one dips it into a chromate solution that turns it yellow. I've done some plating, and one down side to plating an older item is the pitting. If the item has rusted, you can plate it anew, but it still has the pitting. Painting using the Eastwood product won't look exactly the same as the yellow chromate, but it has the potential to fill in the pits. If you detail the item, and sand it between coats, you can get it looking pretty good, albeit, just not the same color as original.

cuda joe

Reaction score
psch is right you will see everything .I forgot to mention i ground off the rust first with 40 grit then the brown cookies and then buffed all the marks out before i had them plated

Back