• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

FOR SALE Nos Challenger fenders on eBay (not mine)

Status
Not open for further replies.

aussiemark

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Probably put in the scrap bin at a dealership back in the day because they had damage and rescued by one of the workers. I see new panels that get damaged go in the warranty bin for a month then they go in the scrap bin and if someone wants them they take them home.

DetMatt1

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
This guy has A LOT of NOS parts but I can’t believe anybody would pay that kind of money for these. Just my .02.

canadianclassics2

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been on Ebay for over a year now....if you had to build a car at those prices it would be a $375K build. :lol:

340challconvert

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I have seen NOS Challenger fenders reach the 1k to 1.5 k mark, but this was before decent reproductions were being made.
What is the market for an NOS 70-71 fender these days? 4 k seems way off.

budascuda

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have done business with him, I paid a ridiculous price for a trim, and though it was nos, it had defects, and the line used by many ebay vendors is "nos doesn’t mean perfect" or "it was perfect when we boxed it".... so yes I got screwed.

quapman

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
glnos used to be owned by Ron Adaire, who literally got his ass kicked at the Nats for selling junk. He still kept at it until cancer took him several years ago. Karma's a *****. A scary biker dude named Greg runs the show now. He was Ron's unofficial adopted son. I got robbed by them when I sold them parts in the 90s and trusted a 3rd party to do the math correctly. I showed Ron the mistake later and was called a liar. I hope his death was slow and painful.

canadianclassics2

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The going rate for NOS fenders seems to be in the $1000 to $1500 range as you said. I bought a rolled lip NOS one last summer for my TA with a parts bundle so by the time I worked it all out I paid around $800 for it so I think well bought. Just throwing it out...I need a passenger side NOS rolled lip...will do $1000 or so. Or would buy a pair. :canada:

DrEamer

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Very typical for glnos. His pricing is always out of sight.

Sadly it looks like there are still people that are willing victims. He has over 200 sales in the last 12 months. One of his negative feedbacks came from someone who paid $2,600 for a 1969 Coronet finish panel . I would think that there are very few cars that would justify spending that kind of premium to be correct. I could be wrong, but ouch!!

budascuda

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Caveat Emptor :mob:

In the early days when this phrase became popular, there was no e-commerce, and I would imagine, for the most part, people could at least physically examine the item before buying it. That's why car shows/swap meets... are still a safer place to buy stuff. Or better yet, if possible, do business only with the people you know and trust.

budascuda

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sadly it looks like there are still people that are willing victims. He has over 200 sales in the last 12 months. One of his negative feedbacks came from someone who paid $2,600 for a 1969 Coronet finish panel . I would think that there are very few cars that would justify spending that kind of premium to be correct. I could be wrong, but ouch!!

Some parts are very expensive, for example parts for some imports, that is the person's choice and priority.
But how can a person be a willing victim if the person he is going to do e-commerce with has %100 satisfaction rating???

Last edited:

340challconvert

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
A pic of the inside of the 625 fender that he is selling.
Would this be considered a "rolled lip" fender?

s-l1600.jpg

Dino2 (2).gif

DrEamer

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Some parts are very expensive, for example parts for some imports, that is the person's choice and priority.
But how can a person be a willing victim if the bozo he is going to do e-commerce with has %100 satisfaction rating???
You are right, maybe I should have used the words willing participant. His rating is 98 percent which is actually pretty good by eBay standards. That said, I am willing victim of my passion for E bodies, I could have built a Mustang or Camaro for less money. I am willing to pay more to have what I want, verses other choices. Sometimes I forget in our Mopar world, E body owner are lucky enough to have decent quality reproduction parts available where some other platform owners do not.

budascuda

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't buy any thing from anybody who has less than %100 rating on eBay. although eBay is strict with their policy, they do have leeways to amicably resolve a dispute if both parties are reasonable enough.
so keeping a perfect rating is quite possible only if you are a serious and a professional vendor.
That is the metric I use to weed out trouble

At the time I purchased my dash trim, glnos had %100 rating.

aussiemark

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some people must think the parts are going to be used on original Hemi convertible restorations the way the price them someone should tell them these cars are already done.

budascuda

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some people must think the parts are going to be used on original Hemi convertible restorations the way the price them someone should tell them these cars are already done.

That is an excellent point!

budascuda

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello you all. Wow. Willing victims being shook down for ridiculous prices by a scary biker dude bozo for 50 year old NOS parts that no one else has that might be seconds for a few cars that might be worth it and are yet to be restored. You can't make that up...:realcrazy:

The intended marketplace/customer for those expensive fenders and other parts is not us regular folks. If you have never run with the big dog money guys then it may be a bit difficult to wrap your wallet around that kind of coin and thinking around paying that kind of coin for a fender for the hemi challenger sitting at the restoration shop. :steering:

Hello.:D
If you own a hemi or a 25/40K ebody, you can afford 3/4K for a set of nos fenders. That is not as much of an issue as the condition of the item being sold is.
I don't know everybody on this site, but spending money on what folks want is not a problem here.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back