• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

SOLD 1970 Challenger R/T 440

Status
Not open for further replies.

69CudaFan

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Go Mango with burnt orange interior and white rump stripe.
U Code 440/727 auto trans. Numbers matching.
Three speaker dash, A/C, P/S, Power drum brakes, white vinyl top, luggage rack, 8.75 rear end.

California car, super solid! No rust!

$45k

PM for more pics (or if you have specific questions, but please no time wasters and picture collectors).

69CudaFan

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pic

53C71415-41B0-481F-9FF0-9E6F6B523EAB.jpeg

moparlee

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice color combination:thumbsup:.
How complete is the car? Looks like the center speaker grill, interior door and quarter window panels, and antenna are missing. More pictures and information will help with the sale.

Knock Out

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Go Mango with burnt orange interior and white rump stripe.
U Code 440/727 auto trans. Numbers matching.
Three speaker dash, A/C, P/S, Power drum brakes, white vinyl top, luggage rack, 8.75 rear end.

California car, super solid! No rust!

$45k

PM for more pics (or if you have specific questions, but please no time wasters and picture collectors).
Pics will help
Mileage?
Rust?
Repaint?
Engine rebuild?

69CudaFan

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is what I can tell you, and I will try cover most everything:

Car is located in San Diego. I am currently gathering parts to put it all back together again, tuning it up and sorting through the issues. Car runs and drives as it sits with no noises or smoke, and was rebuilt back in the 1990s. Antenna mast is missing, as is the radio (can get new ones). Previous owner took it off the road in 1999 when he took the interior all apart and it sat ever since. Dash is only rough set in the car, and I plan on taking it out and ensuring everything is good for a driver. Alt, Oil, Temp and Gas gauges all work, as does tach (clock does not). I have purchased a correct headliner (bows are intact and now correctly sorted). Front seats have been recovered long ago and look great. I have rear skins from Legendary that were bought in 1994 to do the rear seat. I am planning on only doing the upper because the lower is original and looks great. Dash was refinished, car has all three speaker grilles, as I had to buy a replacement center. Front and rear door panels I have (fronts look repro, rears have Pentastars on backside, as do kick panels.

Car is straight and dry (floors are SOLID), underside was factory undercoating. Car likely was in the dry Yuma area prior to 1996. The trunk has a little surface rust in the drain channels, but is still SOLID. This car was likely restored back in the early 1990s. Vinyl top is in excellent shape, and the butt stripe is painted on.

Odometer shows 19776, though I am sure it is closer to 120k. Speedo needle is broken, so the plan is for a new gauge.

It has been repainted and the only evidence of damage is a bent passenger upper door hinge (has a NOS door and was shimmed on that upper hinge, that is the only evidence of damage and was repaired with the repaint I am sure).

I just replaced the master cylinder and wheel cylinders (I kept the originals). Getting items like trunk weatherstripping, window sweeps and verticals, and an interior screw kit to put it all back together. All trim intact around rear and side windows on the interior. Carpet looks original (lightly faded, but no grommet around the dimmer, and the jute on the underside is still intact. Console is original and in great shape.

The ONLY reason I am selling is because I have two other projects going (a T/A and 71 Cuda). Out of the 13 cars I have owned over the years, this one is the most solid I have had, and was an LA built car that I think never left.

JEJJ

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Do you have the original fender tag and or build sheet?

69CudaFan

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LA built car, so no buildsheet.

Original fender tag is intact (though currently has incorrect screws holding it down)

69CudaFan

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Replaced master and wheel cylinders (kept originals), bled brakes, replaced the passenger side brake hose and checked the rear end ratio by spinning the tire one rotation (as there was no tag for Sure grip or ratio). From the looks of it, this car is a Sure Grip and has 3.55s.

Replaced the passenger side valve cover (dry brittle one on car was leaking), trunk weatherstripping and the rockers have P/Ns and is clean inside.

Rear upper seat back is being reupholstered with all new materials, and more interior work coming soon.

3406aarta

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you please post a picture of the Fender Tag? Can you please post some more pictures of the car? It looks like you've done a lot of work to the car.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back