• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

non rallye ribbed dash bezel/Dakota dash

70cuda50

Reaction score
I have a standard (non rallye) dash. non ribbed version. I did not know ribbed existed (i think just 70) until I found some on ebay looking for replacement of my tired, but usable if must, non ribbed one. about as many ribbed as non ribbed for sale. Who has a ribbed version, how common?

the reason all this started is because I looked into converting to rallye dash mostly to get an integrated tach, but more of a pain and money outlay than I thought mostly for a tach, then I still don't have actual temp and psi readouts. And honestly, a lot of the woodgrain appearance gets a bit dicey with age and various shades of color. plus I have convertible so the 4 switch pod is a bit problematic. although mixing non rallye ribbed bezel with non ribbed switch pod wouldn't be too terrible until I find right one.

then I saw Dakota Digital non rallye dash with tach in speedo! Plus real temps, psi etc. Sure, not exactly original like I hoped, but what a great modern version while keeping true to original. and can feed info from various efi setups to instruments which I plan on. awesome.
BUT, need my own bezel...hence the search for a new/better used one. They have a ribbed one on their website as example of finished look which is the first one I have ever seen. any Dakota digital users out there?

SFEbody

Reaction score
Classic Industries has a tach that is made for the non-rallye dash. I have one in my car and it replaces the blank where a clock usually is on the far right guage. I love it and it looks great

70cuda50

Reaction score
thanks. sounds good and cheapest option without tach on column, except my original one has 3 aftermarket gages for temp, elec, oil in spots next to original fuel so it used up the blank. my whole setup needs an overhaul either way. I know a lot ways to remote mount instruments etc. but a clean integrated set up like Dakota is suddenly very appealing.

DetMatt1

Reaction score
I have one early standard bezel shown below that’s completely intact and the 3-switch bezel in the pics looks good with it. I get $15 for those and $25 for the gauge bezel. I also have several clear lenses if you need and light bars, HVAC bezels, etc.
EF111B39-1A50-4FB7-9C08-E7848B0E49F8.jpeg
810C0E5B-F290-4C02-932C-46AFF7F3F932.jpeg
19FFCFD3-5057-4706-92BC-C5C8FF9396DF.jpeg
353B5E33-BB60-4847-A5FF-9818B381630A.jpeg

Back