• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Body repro parts- best manufacturer?

70SunFun

Reaction score
Does anyone have an opinion on which manufacturers/distributors have the best body repro parts (AMD, Year One, etc.)? I was looking at quarter panels, trunk floors, and chrome bumpers. Interested in best quality, not necessarily price. I see that Year One is a sponsor of this web site. Thanks.

Avalanche

Reaction score
As far as bumpers are concerned, I think Keystone is best. I got AMD bumpers and was not happy with the quality. The keystone bumpers were great.
I've heard AMD is great for body panels but have no experience with them.

HITTER23

Reaction score
When it comes to body panels, ive had about the same luck between Goodmark and AMD at least when it came to trunk/floor pans. Youll hear AMD is better quality but i really didnt see it.

aussiemark

Reaction score
I used AMD and found the rear quarter, roof skin and trunk lid were really good the floor sections needed some work to fit properly and the chassis rails were good these were 70 Barracuda parts I think for a Challenger Dynacorn would be worth a look.

Rich G.

Reaction score
I used just about every panel for my Cuda from AMD and was very happy with everything. Didn’t have much luck with the challenger fender.

moparleo

Reaction score
Year One doesn't make parts. They will retag some of them. no body is perfect on repros. But AMD is the best overall. More support, lots of video help. Good supply on Mopars. Who ever you want to order from, ask who made the parts, if they don't know, go somewhere else Another god supplier of most Mopar stuff is
RosevilleMoparts.com

Rich G.

Reaction score
Yes it was . They sent me 2 and neither one fit. Put my original rusty one on and it fit perfect. Wound up cutting up the new one to repair the old one. Very surprised considering everything else they made was great.

70SunFun

Reaction score
Year One doesn't make parts. They will retag some of them. no body is perfect on repros. But AMD is the best overall. More support, lots of video help. Good supply on Mopars. Who ever you want to order from, ask who made the parts, if they don't know, go somewhere else Another god supplier of most Mopar stuff is
RosevilleMoparts.com
Excellent information, and thank you Moparleo.

moparleo

Reaction score
:thumbsup: Glad to give my 2¢. Also, if anyone ever has a problem with anybodys parts, every company has a customer service dept. Always give them a chance to help you with your problem before you get too worked up. As the saying goes Sh**T happens. Don't worry, be happy .:)

70SunFun

Reaction score
Like your post! Yes, I try to give any company the benefit of the doubt and usually do surveys as honestly as possible. Thanks again.

Rich G.

Reaction score
For what it’s worth I sent a video to AMD on how far off the fender was. They did send me another fender but that was bad too. I would and still buy AMD metal I’m just surprised that I had such a problem with the fender. Who knows maybe it was just my car ???

JohnP

Reaction score
I have recently completed my 71 Plymouth Barracuda and purchased allot of panels from Classic industries. From the fire wall complete front end including the bumper. They run allot of specials over $300, one time it was 30% discount which was a large saving.
Best of luck

70SunFun

Reaction score
I have recently completed my 71 Plymouth Barracuda and purchased allot of panels from Classic industries. From the fire wall complete front end including the bumper. They run allot of specials over $300, one time it was 30% discount which was a large saving.
Best of luck
Thanks for that information, JohnP. Did the parts fit well?

Back