• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Vin and Title For Sale 1970 Six Pack Cuda (NOT MY AD!)

Canuck74

Reaction score
Here is something that popped up on one of the Mopar 'for sale' pages.

It is a Dash, VIN and Title from a supposedly scrapped 1970 440 Six Pack Cuda. I can't imagine what kind of state the car would have had to have been in to scrap it... especially a Texas titled car from 2005 as it would appear on the title.

I have read that apparently it is not illegal to sell one, unless to commit ill intent, But I would think this is a federal offense to put this on your vehicle, no?

What I find super sketchy is the fact that he is hiding the VIN...if it is clean, why cover this up?

B5BLUERT

Reaction score
IMG_0949.PNG

challenger6pak

Reaction score
The VIN is hidden so that when a car shows up wearing the VIN no one will recognize it as this one.

aussiemark

Reaction score
I think when you are going to pay a premium price for an original car you have to do the research to make sure it is what it is supposed to be and not a Frankenstein with a set of bastard tags to make it look the part. Any time a car like this is discovered it should be scrapped and the tags destroyed to prevent it happening again. If you can't follow the complete history of a car then don't pay a premium for it.

DetMatt1

Reaction score
With as many of these that come up on the net we should have a forum section where they can be logged all in one place for quick reference.

Steve340

Reaction score
It does illustrate how desirable and valuable these cars are getting that shady people are recognising that the VIN and fender plates have a significant monetary value even if there is no car.
Here it is illegal to sell ID tags you would not be able to openly advertise them and I am surprised you can do so in the USA.

aussiemark

Reaction score
I was reading the VIN fraud section and when you check the California laws it says you cannot remove or sell a VIN this guy is in California and is openly committing 2 offenses, how can he get away with it?

Canuck74

Reaction score
Maybe he didn't, he removed the post after a couple of hours. It's possible the police contacted him. Or maybe it sold. It was interesting to see how polarizing the comments were- some people think it's fine and some people hate it. I personally think it's pretty greasy.

Litchkar

Reaction score
I see no legitimate reason for selling it. At that price someone is going to buy it and screw out an unexpecting buyer. Dirt bag move IMHO

seneca

Reaction score
" Oh what a tangled web we weave when first we practice to deceive." Sir Walter Scott

Back