• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Rare Back in the Day pic of 70 A66 Challenger

340challconvert

Reaction score
Found this on Facebook - Back in the Day pic
Can't be too many green (I think) with orange bumble bee stripe A66 .
A com mentor thought it was black.
Someone was getting married.

Dino2 (1).gif

70 Challenger a66 vert green orange.jpg

Last edited:

moparlee

Reaction score
Reminds me of when I had snow tires on my '71 RT back in the day. Those polyglass tires along with a 4 spd did not get along very well with the snow.

340challconvert

Reaction score
Reminds me of when I had snow tires on my '71 RT back in the day. Those polyglass tires along with a 4 spd did not get along very well with the snow.

moparlee, your comment reminds of my first Challenger, a 70 RT 383, automatic w poly glass tires and drum brakes front and rear w 323 open gears.
The rear end had a tendency to swing out in wet weather, forget about it in snow. The big block, and heavy front end didn't help either!
And of course it had air shocks!
Dino2 (1).gif

Last edited:

340challconvert

Reaction score
That's a great pic! Where do you guys think, Pennsylvania? Looks black to me too...

DetMatt, you got me thinking, New York also had a similar plate in 1970.
I looked up Hartney United Church and found what I think is a current picture; Spenser St in Manitoba, Canada?
Comparing the church picture from then and now, it looks like the same church with a side staircase added and the side garage is gone.
Someone decided to get married in Canada may be?
If you blow up the picture, you can see the church sign and light pole in the newer photo.
All in fun in figuring out the venue of the pic.
Dino2 (1).gif

hartneyunited1 (1).jpg

lastcuda

Reaction score
Seeing this one and some of the cars in the post with all the back in the days pics that were jacked up with air shocks brought back old memories. Somebody at work asked me about gas mileage I was getting with my Cuda and another older guy overheard and said "no wonder it's so good; you're running downhill all the time"! Love those old pictures.

jeff968

Reaction score
Could that be an R/T emblem on the deck lid? I have a build sheet for a similar car. Triple black R/T with the V9K stripe.

moparlee

Reaction score
Why do you suppose the "Manitoba 70" portion is cut out of another plate? Maybe they didn't use the stick on decal like some states including MI.

340challconvert

Reaction score
Apparently back in 1970, there was a metal plate that went on the bottom of the regular license plate. Guessing this was part of a renewal process or if you moved Provence's ?
Note: there is a number etched into the bottom of the small plate.
Dino2 (1).gif

manitoba license plate.JPG

Back