• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Steering Boxes

Adam

Reaction score
Steer & gear has a solid reputation among Ford guys, I have a Firm Feel box' it is great.

Another great mod that I have done, and recommend, is from an old Mopar Action article "Pump it down". This mod is easy, cheap, and addresses Mopars tendency for too much assist in the power steering pump. Most of us these days prefer some road feel, intead of steering with one finger. That is what this mod does..

Last edited:

AUSTA

Reaction score
Hello. Has anyone had any experience with Borgeson power steering boxes in comparison to Steer & Gear and Firm Feel power steering units ?
I have a FF3 & a Borgenson the FF3 is a great handling original look box the borgenson handles very well with a modern feel but requires extra mods & pipework also smaller than the original

Dave Darke

Reaction score
Steer & gear has a solid reputation among Ford guys, I have a Firm Feel box' it is great.

Another great mod that I have done, and recommend, is from an old Mopar Action article "Pump it down". This mod is easy, cheap, and addresses Mopars tendency for too much assist in the power steering pump. Most of us these days prefer some road feel, intead of steering with one finger. That is what this mod does..
Okay, thanks a lot. Did you go with the level 2 or 3 firmness with the Firm Feel box ?

71Plym

Reaction score
I have the level 3 in my Cuda and am happy with it. Dick will suggest the FF2, but the FF3 is good.
They also clear powder coated it while it was there.

TC_Cuda

Reaction score
I also have a FF3 in my 74 Cuda and it is good...but I kind of wish I had gotten the FF2
Nothing wrong with the one I have, and no complaints at all, but after driving it a while, I want just a little more "power" in my power steering

just my 2 cents

Dave Darke

Reaction score
Thanks a lot guys. I think I will try the FF2. Any idea what pinion shaft size I need for my74 Cuda? I have an original power steering box in the car now.

Back