• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

EFI fuel pump recommendations

missmopar70

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I just recently bought a 1970 challenger, 440. Not running, pretty much starting from the ground up. I've decided to go from carb to fuel injection (pretty hard set on FiTech) and was wondering if anyone had any input on a good fuel pump? I've got my eye on the aeromotive phantom stealth and wonder if anyone has had any experience with it or any recommendations? Anything helps!

Thanks guys

Adam

Reaction score
Why not go with Fitech's pump, they have two models.

TC_Cuda

Reaction score
I have not used FiTech but, it is the system I plan to use as soon as money is available. I have read a lot on it and the pump you named is a good one.
The FiTech command center is NOT recommended by most that have used it.
Everything I have read on FiTech has been good and, they say use a good "in tank pump". I plan to get a complete setup from Tank's Inc.

missmopar70

Reaction score
I have not used FiTech but, it is the system I plan to use as soon as money is available. I have read a lot on it and the pump you named is a good one.
The FiTech command center is NOT recommended by most that have used it.
Everything I have read on FiTech has been good and, they say use a good "in tank pump". I plan to get a complete setup from Tank's Inc.

I read that too, which sucks because it sounded like a cool option but oh well. Awesome, thank you!

steved033

Reaction score
Even though I'm a B-body guy, I'm running a FAST injection setup on a 440. I used a walbro 255 external pump, and after a few cavitation and starvation problems with the stock pickup, I installed a holley hydromat in the tank (HUGE PITA). Immediate improvement! I drove to the gas station on about 1.5 gallons of gas, with zero slosh problems.

IMO, in-tank pumps are recommended purely for their superior pick-up properties.

The other thing I considered was the edelbrock remote EFI sump setup that had a tiny FI tank that was fed by the mechanical pump. like this: Universal EFI Sump Fuel System Kits - E-Street - Edelbrock, LLC.

I'm running the FAST as a returnless system, FWIW.

Hope this helps.

sjd

rogue

Reaction score
unit isn't wired or plumbed yet...

DSC_0459-1.JPG

Tim Maleck

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I just recently bought a 1970 challenger, 440. Not running, pretty much starting from the ground up. I've decided to go from carb to fuel injection (pretty hard set on FiTech) and was wondering if anyone had any input on a good fuel pump? I've got my eye on the aeromotive phantom stealth and wonder if anyone has had any experience with it or any recommendations? Anything helps!

Thanks guys
I'm new here, but did this conversion on a 67 Olds 442 convertible. I used a Spectre tank and pump assembly from Rock Auto. They have one for the Challenger, very fairly priced. I used the 600HP system with return line, due to the heat in Texas. No real complaints
Tim.

Back