• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

A Sad Story

budascuda

Reaction score
That's the thing, nobody pays that kind of money to restore that kind of car. Its never what it seems.
Someone was moving money and the car was just a cover. If the man was still alive, it's possible that he would still be making payments to the shop. I have heard of cases in the news, that people leave their favorite nephew a hefty inheritance by hiring him as a contractor to repair the back porch or build a house or ... for an outrageous price, that way, they avoid paying the inheritance fees. However, once in a while that shows up on the radar and they get busted and it's all over the news.
A kind neighbor trying to help the widow, could perhaps be the catalyst that makes things like that show up on the radar!
Anyway, I think there is more to it.

AUSTA

Reaction score
It would be interesting to see what value they were to put on this vehicle should it be offered for sale or be insured that would be an admission of the fraud in itself

challenger6pak

Reaction score
That's the thing, nobody pays that kind of money to restore that kind of car. Its never what it seems.
Someone was moving money and the car was just a cover. If the man was still alive, it's possible that he would still be making payments to the shop. I have heard of cases in the news, that people leave their favorite nephew a hefty inheritance by hiring him as a contractor to repair the back porch or build a house or ... for an outrageous price, that way, they avoid paying the inheritance fees. However, once in a while that shows up on the radar and they get busted and it's all over the news.
A kind neighbor trying to help the widow, could perhaps be the catalyst that makes things like that show up on the radar!
Anyway, I think there is more to it.

Exactly my thought from the beginning. A shop was busted in my area for the same thing.

seneca

Reaction score
OP is probably afraid.

mmissile, since you must have a degree in psychology and are able to delve into my psyche, pray tell, what is it that I'm afraid of? Perhaps I can learn something from one as knowledgeable as yourself.

budascuda

Reaction score
Hey guys, have you ever seen how the Enfentry handles missiles? Well, you just did!
Boom boom, POW!

budascuda

Reaction score
Okay, so just in case some members didnt read the previous posts, here it is simple.
Because no court of law has decided that the shop is guilty of a wrong doing ( even though they MIGHT be), by accusing them of a crime, you can open yourself up to a lawsuit. Now, one thing is clear, they have received at least $391000 in the last few years and telling by the way they operate, this shop has lots of money to pursuit in courts anything that's got to do with defamation or slander and under these particular circumstances, you can bet your bottom dollar that they will win in court and then squeeze money out of the person who accused them in the first place.
Sooooo, one can sacrifice the whistle blower (Seneca) and find out the name of the shop, and that way people can avoid doing business with them. ( you can bet your sweet a** that Seneca is not okay with that option, clearly!)
Or,as a second option, a person can simply adopt a good habit of signing a contract with the company which they are going to do business with and rest assured that if anything goes wrong , then, they will have a LEGAL avenue to pursuit justice.
The man is dead and we don't know what really happened. Tar and feathering people could work but not when it can be dangerous to the bystanders.
also, lynching is a thing of the past, so resist all temptations! LOL!
My oldman used to say " a fool parts with his money, FAST" and in case someone wanted to turn him into the proverbial sacrificial lamb, he used to say " you ain't making no shish kebab out of me"
(shish kebab was originally made with lamb meat, just in case you were wondering)
And at last, thanks for reading this long post.

mpdlawdog

Reaction score
Im with Budacuda...something seems fishy....He had to know what the car was worth and paying that kind of money is crazy....he was probably making sure his side action was taken care of or hiding $$ from the wife...I bet if you dig deeper there is more to the story....

Back