• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

0.jpg

'73 Barracuda Refresh Restoration

General Description

Bought this 1973 Barracuda fall of 2018. Pretty solid car for the most part. Originally Forest Green car but now In-Violet. Person I bought it from got it about 8 years prior, from what I can tell it went thru a "flip" restoration back then. Not very good. Definitely not done by someone who knew Mopars.

Wanted to do a full restoration but with 3 in college you know how that goes. So instead I did a little extensive refresh. Mainly focusing on the interior & engine bay to make it presentable for cruise nights. Ended up doing much more than I anticipated. Pulled the engine and trans, stripped down the engine bay and painted. Rebuilt the dash, added new Dakota Digital gauges. Rebuilt the steering column, rewired the entire vehicle using M&H harnesses. Trans needed a rebuild. Added Sniper efi along with new fuel tank and lines. New brake lines all around. Wanted to make it reliable driver. The full resto will come once the kids are out of school.

Comments

Beautiful job, congrats on all the effort with a fantastic result. Clearly a lot of planning went into the project. Gotta love the purple E Bodies.

A lot of good work went into your Barracuda
Looks great:thumbsup:
College costs for 3 (ouch) I only had one and was quite a cost experience!

Hi Sal,
Did you refurbish your dash yourself? Looks good!
Any issues with the M&H wiring harness?
Appreciate any feedback!
Thanks

You've done an incredible job on your Cuda it looks phenominal, I hope in the near future to build a '70 In-violet Cuda complete with a small block stroker

Item information

Category
Member Garages
Added by
Sal C
Views
Watchers
Comments
Last update
Rating
5.00 star(s) 2 ratings

More in Member Garages