• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

100_1877.JPG

Scott's Challenger

74 Challenger

General Description

I have to start at the beginning with this car. I fell in love with the Challenger at the age of 12 after watching the movie Vanishing Point (original starring Barry Newman). I have always been around dodge products as my father was a dodge man and my older brother drove a 70 Dart Swinger 340. After telling my wife of my fascination with the Challenger and how I have always dreamed of owning one she went out and found one and presented it to me as a surprise gift. This car was set up for drag racing when I got it so it required about 2 years of my spare time and money to get it back to a street car. The motor was in top shape as it had been rebuilt about a year before I got it. It is a 383, bored out 0.30, full cam, roller rockers, solid lifters, 6 quart oil pan and high velocity oil pump, tunnel ram with dual 500 carters, accel coil, triple core rad with cooling fans, solid motor mounts and as for crank and pistons I did not get that info. The rear end (489 case) was 430's with full spool which I have switched out for 323's posi. Has a 727 tranny with shift kit (originally had 3 speed manual and clutch pedal is still there but tucked up under dash, the previous owner provided me with original build sheet as well). The frame needed some work and body looked good but was well camouflaged so that required lots of elbow grease. I have replaced interior having removed roll bars and racing seats ect. The wiring was a rats nest and provided me with hours of crossed eyes. It is far from perfect but it is my pride and joy. I have viewed many of members cars and I am amazed at how awesome everyone's vehicles are and I hope you enjoy mine as well. I am proud to be part of this community.
100_1877.JPG
100_2191.JPG
100_2192.JPG
100_2193.JPG
100_2194.JPG
100_2195.JPG
100_2197.JPG

Comments

Sooooo.....that engine looks sick. Car looks great. I am in a similar position. Purchased a '72 Challenger that was built to be a drag car. Sometimes I wonder if I will ever get it back to streetable. It is nice to see someone else making it happen:)

Item information

Category
Member Garages
Added by
Paaradigm64
Views
Watchers
Comments
Last update
Rating
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings

More in Member Garages