• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

17" aluminium Mag 500's

Adrian Worman

Reaction score
Hiya
I've seen a few different brands of these advertised in a few US magazines for down to about 200 bucks each, are they decent quality ? Don't fancy spending a thousand dollars on wheels and shipping to the UK to find they are a pile of poop!
Any advice greatly appreciated as always :)

Adrian Worman

Reaction score
Thanks for the comments guys, I just saw the wheel in the latest issue of Mopar Muscle to wing it's way over the pond, it is a Year One product too.
It was the WV ones that put me off initially......... man are they expensive for what looks like the same thing!
I'll get a set ordered I think and get em on over winter when I tear the top of the 440 apart, or build the 500" stroker I got in the corner of the garage

Last edited:

JamesG

Reaction score
Adrian,

There is a picture of the wheel in the October Mopar Collector's Guide, page 73. Looks nice.

In case you wanted to see them, I just put these on the car yesterday. 17x8 in front, 17x9 in the back. I put BF Goodrich G-Force tires on, sizes 245/45 on the front and
275/40's in the back. No clearance issues at all... I have the original stock discs in front, drums out back. I can't tell you how happy I am with the appearance and I was really surprised by how nicely the car rides, I thought the ride would have gotten much harsher.

Car is recovering from a Sandy related disaster. Thank God I was able to save her... still some work to do and yes, the Rocker moldings do need to go back on still.

2013-01-17211937Large.jpg

2013-01-17211926Large.jpg

2013-01-17211633Large.jpg

I'll get some better pictures up.

JamesG

Reaction score
2013-01-17211633Large.jpg

2013-01-17211937Large.jpg

2013-01-17211926Large.jpg

Just put these on yesterday, 17x8 in front, 17x9 out back. 245/45 in front and 275/40 BF Goodrich G-Force tires. Fit fantastic, no clearance issues. I have the stock discs up front and drums in the back.

Survived Sandy, putting her back together now. I will post up some better pics when I can.

Last edited:

Adrian Worman

Reaction score
They look wicked!
Pleased you didn't have any fitment or clearance issues, same with the ARE Daytonas I ended up using on my Chally

Adrian Worman

Reaction score
Even better in sunlight!
Seem to suit your car brilliantly, I reckon that's an excellent choice, little wonder you're so pleased: )

ramenth

Reaction score
Those look great!

I was never a fan of the earlier Rally's and 500's done in the larger sizes and aluminum. The earlier versions just sorta kinda resembled the wheels they were supposed to be. These look a lot more like the originals.

Hammer75

Reaction score
would you be able to tell me the brand and model of the wheels and where you got them- just starting a resto on a 74 Cuda - did not see that info listed on your post - or maybe I just didn't read it right. Thanks - Mike

JamesG

Reaction score
would you be able to tell me the brand and model of the wheels and where you got them- just starting a resto on a 74 Cuda - did not see that info listed on your post - or maybe I just didn't read it right. Thanks - Mike

Yep, Year One wheels. Price is right, still love them and get compliments on them all the time.

Back