• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

SOLD 1970 340 Challenger project

Status
Not open for further replies.

DetMatt1

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Contact seller
I just don't see myself getting around to this car anytime soon and could really use the space that it takes up in my shop. This would be a great opportunity for the DIY type as it needs a ton of metal work. Here are a few highlights and you can follow the link to the resto thread for a ton more info.
#'s matching engine and automatic trans.
fender tag and buildsheet.
$2,500 worth of AMD metal.
95% of the rest of the metal needed in very nice oem parts, including a rust free non crumple zone Rallye hood, full quarters with inner and outer wheelhouses and trunk extensions still attached that are virtually rust free, a structural front clip and an entire roof structure.
Rustfree trunk lid.
the engine block was boiled, magged, oiled and bagged.
correct HP exhaust manifolds.
correct air cleaner.
the original radiator is in nice condition.
oem 1970 front disc brake set up including 2 piece rotors and calipers (was drum brake car originally).
factory FK5 over FK5 with black vinyl and tail stripe.
buckets/console car.
very nice grille and bezels and front and rear bumpers are very straight ad was rubber bumperette car and those are with it.
the set of NOS hood call out decals are included.
a nice pair of oem fenders go with it along with the '70 only parts of the original fenders.
the original doors are in very restorable condition and the vin decal is still present.
Clear title.
This was an original 15 X 7 Rallye wheel car but no original wheels included.
Look through the thread for the rest of the details and lots of pics.
car is located in the Detroit area and I don't think the parts and a car like this could be found for what I am asking.
asking $11,000.00 or serious offer.
I have to focus on my business for the foreseeable future so not looking for trades for other vehicles, tools and other things +cash...maybe.
thanks for looking and please try and refrain from any negative commentary. I know projects like this can be very hard to sell but this is a pretty rare find with a lot of new and original parts included. I have made this car 95% complete and it is not too far gone to restore IMO.
i have pictures of everything that goes with it so don't hesitate to ask.
i will not sell parts from it so don't even ask.
it is also in Goviers registry and Wasington's.
http://www.forebodiesonly.com/forum/showthread.php?2826-70-FK5-A66-Resurection

DetMatt1

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I have had a taste of what it'd be like with more room in my shop and I really liked it! I have just gotten a tad more motivated, 10K or serious offer.

DetMatt1

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Just picked this up from my engine builder, everything checks out good so he touch honed it after it was magged. Plenty of meat on the bone for the numbers matching block!

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

jfreakofkorn

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i wish that i had the coin, i would have a road trip to pick it up ...

good luck with the sale tho ....

CudaMike

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, Is the Challenger still available? Is there a contact number where we can reach you? We would be very interested.

PlayMopar

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What an awesome project this is :) . Actually I have seen this car in person a while back and thought I would give you a little feed back from my perspective. This car is really cool, and the parts accumulated with it are amazing! This could be a real rewarding project for someone. And I would like to thank Detmatt1 for the tour of his shop. One of the best Mopar people I've met :) . Did you put the sure grip back with this?

DetMatt1

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Thanks PlayMopar, for the kind words. When were you in my shop? I'm trying to think of who you are. Many visitors since I've been there. Since the price has gone down there will be no sure grip center section that goes with it. Oh and by the way, $8,500 takes it! I do have someone interested locally but its still available as of now.

DetMatt1

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Ok, $8,000.00. I will officially be taking a loss at this point but if I'm going to sell I'd like to do it before the snow flies. If it doesn't sell, it doesn't sell...

mopar jeff

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's a Great price for that car Matt! ...If I sell my V-code car, I'll buy your Challenger and build it Matt.
I posted some pics of my car in the for sale section. Check it out and let me know what you think.
I really think it could be the last 440, 6pk Challenger to roll off the line.
Thanks, Jeff.

DetMatt1

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I just checked it out and I like it. It's in better shape then I thought it'd be from your explanation.
I'd love to take your money for my Challenger.:)

DetMatt1

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I don't know if I've said this before but you'd be hard pressed to pay less for all the parts that come with this car. It's almost like you're getting the numbers matching 340 Challeger free with the purchase of all the parts....

HemiMaster

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
why are old ads like this coming up on the first page on this site? Are there no site administrators or is it hacked?

Rustymopar

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Everytime someone posts a response (Such as this one) it takes it back to the top.
It "refreshes" the ad for lack of a better term. Buy the guys Challenger.

ramenth

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Everytime someone posts a response (Such as this one) it takes it back to the top.
It "refreshes" the ad for lack of a better term. Buy the guys Challenger.

Yup. And considering Matt still has the car, a free bump never hurts to let folks know that's it's still out there and still available.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back