• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

SOLD 1970 BARRACUDA CONVERTIBLE

Status
Not open for further replies.

TX9

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
1970 PLYMOUTH BARRACUDA CONVERTIBLE BH27G0B FACTORY FJ5 LIMELIGHT WHITE INTERIOR WHITE POWER TOP FACTORY AC ELASTOMERIC FRONT BUMPER FENDER TAG NOW A CUDA CLONE TX9 / TX9 BUILT 440 SUPER COMMANDO [1970 IMPERIAL BLOCK] TREMEC 5 SPEED TRANSMISSION CUDA DUAL EXHAUST BB RADIATOR FRONT DISC BRAKES SONY CD STEREO NEEDS TOP LOWER QUARTERS TRUNK REPLACED OR DAILY DRIVE AS A 'DONT LET THE FLAT HOOD FOOL YOU' SLEEPER! SHOWING BARRACUDA AT RIVERSIDE MOPARS IN MAY CAR SHOW MAY 20 PRIVATE MESSAGE ME FOR DETAILS LISTED ON SAN DIEGO CRAIGSLIST $50K
downloadfile-1.jpg

Last edited:

challenger6pak

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Appreciate the questions on price;
Private Message me [as original post indicates] and I'll be happy to give you my cel phone number to get a deal done. I'm here and on Craigslist to sell my vehicle. Thank You
You sound like a used car salesman. Read the link Quapman posted.

Chryslerdude

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As overly interested in owning such a beast, and this particular beast, matching many of my preferred options, I will have to join the "Where's the price crowd"...

(@Matt - I also fear what happened to the rest of the Imperial.. but as we know, TX9 himself, is a Imperial fan, so I suspect it was.... "terminal" somehow)

DetMatt1

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
As overly interested in owning such a beast, and this particular beast, matching many of my preferred options, I will have to join the "Where's the price crowd"...

(@Matt - I also fear what happened to the rest of the Imperial.. but as we know, TX9 himself, is a Imperial fan, so I suspect it was.... "terminal" somehow)
I’m sure.
A moment of silence for the majestic beast...

TX9

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Happy Mother's Day, E Body Fans!
Yes, Matt & ChryslerDude, my TripleTX9 '71 Imperial went to a Dealer 'back East'-probably going to the 'Old World'- as for Barracuda, I have mid $50s into this 'vert; set up is exactly how I would have ordered it in late 1969 at a Rapid Transit System Dealership [Rallye Dash , Rim Blow, Power Windows would be cool] also notice previous owner added AAR style blackout grill which should have been a sinister Chrysler Fender Code Option [never dug the flat light argent silver for '70]

Last edited:

Chryslerdude

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wanted to buy the TX9 Imperial VERY badly, but I have to restrain myself, as storage here is extremely expensive. I already bought the blue 69, and I only have garage space for two C-Bodies, and the winters here, does not allow for storage outside.

Apart form that, I (and I am pretty sure Matt also) was referring to the Imp mentioned in your Cuda-description, which donated it's engine block to the Cuda.. ;-)

And.. now is as good a time as ever, to ask you, if THIS black beast, found surfing Imperials on Google, is / was your Imperial..?

1971_Murdered_out_Chrysler_Imperial_-_Flickr_-_denizen24.jpg

I love it's "patina", almost as much as I would have loved to restore it back to "new".. If yours, do you know abt the picture, and why it looks photo-shopped. I noticed yours had white wall's when advertised, and this one looks like it has 14" wheels, with old " baloony tires"... Photoshop?

Either way, love it, and had this picture on my PC desktop for ages.. Abt the Cuda, I agee that the argent does not work well with the darker colors, but the black hides the grill section completely, which is a little sad too. Maybe it's time to call Dave Kindig.. ;-)K

TX9

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wanted to buy the TX9 Imperial VERY badly, but I have to restrain myself, as storage here is extremely expensive. I already bought the blue 69, and I only have garage space for two C-Bodies, and the winters here, does not allow for storage outside.

Apart form that, I (and I am pretty sure Matt also) was referring to the Imp mentioned in your Cuda-description, which donated it's engine block to the Cuda.. ;-)

And.. now is as good a time as ever, to ask you, if THIS black beast, found surfing Imperials on Google, is / was your Imperial..?

View attachment 49628

I love it's "patina", almost as much as I would have loved to restore it back to "new".. If yours, do you know abt the picture, and why it looks photo-shopped. I noticed yours had white wall's when advertised, and this one looks like it has 14" wheels, with old " baloony tires"... Photoshop?

Either way, love it, and had this picture on my PC desktop for ages.. Abt the Cuda, I agee that the argent does not work well with the darker colors, but the black hides the grill section completely, which is a little sad too. Maybe it's time to call Dave Kindig.. ;-)K
ChryslerDude: the '70 Imperial Block I scored at Sonoma County Wine Country MOPARS [440 only- no car left!] The Imperial photo WAS my '71! in Phoenix right when I bought it / drove back to Long Beach- you have a great eye as some clown saved my shot and 'murdered out' my sweet 15" Cooper white walls- I miss that righteous FUSELAGE . . .

Chryslerdude

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, that sure was a fine piece of black black black machinery.. Hell, I miss it too, without ever having owned it.. ;-) Thnx for clearing up the photo story! That had me wondering for a good while!

fk5aar

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Black out grille was AAR only I believe, no fender tag option

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back