• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

1970 Challenger 4-Speed Conversion

MesquiteMopar

Reaction score
Hello,
New to the site.
I’m looking to convert my 1970 Challenger to a 4-speed.
Any recommendations of a reputable company who does great work.
I appreciate the help.

71460484949__6B4234B2-5393-41AF-ADC3-7ED8FC819E62.jpeg

Xcudame

Reaction score
Terry nailed it for 4-speed info and kits.
Welcome to FEBO. You should post on the Welcome Wagon and introduce yourself so people can see your Challenger!

MesquiteMopar

Reaction score
I’m in the process of purchasing the parts that I need through Brewers.
Next is the transmission.
I’m kinda piecing this project together as I have some extra cash.
I was looking for a specific company who specializes in 4 speed / automatic conversions.

TERRY & XCUDAME I appreciate your suggestions.

Thank You

terrywalker

Reaction score
I can't help you with information on who would do the conversion for you. I've done the conversion in the past on a 71 Challenger with the engine out of the car. That allowed me to weld in the z-bar bracket on the driver's side frame rail. Bolted everything to the engine and put it in. Cutting and putting in the 4-speed floor tunnel means you're committed and no going back once you cut the automatic hump out. I'm debating on changing the 72 Challenger I'm working on over to a 4 speed. I have everything to do the conversion. I did weld the frame bracket in since there's no engine in the car right now allowing me to do the conversion later if I decide to go with the automatic first and I won't need to pull the engine now. The floor carpet is different. The conversion isn't difficult. Good luck on what you decide to do.
Terry W.

Tim Lynch

Reaction score
I appreciate the input guys.
I’m going to reach out to Brewers.
Hopefully they can recommend someone.
I would go with the Tremec 5 speed kit .I swapped my 727 for the Tremec and was able to do all the work myself .It comes with everything including hydraulic clutch and bolt in pedals.I love 5 th gear with the 3.54 in the Dana .

Back