• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

1970 challenger passenger door aliment

jimclo2002

Reaction score
I wondering where or how I would adjust the door. Facing the passenger side door (door handle side) the bottom of the door goes into to far.
Im using New AMD door and New AMD door hinges. The top of the door fits pretty good. here are a few photos
IMG_5257.jpgIMG_5258.jpgIMG_5259.jpgIMG_5260.jpg

IMG_5257.jpg

IMG_5258.jpg

IMG_5259.jpg

IMG_5260.jpg

challenger6pak

Reaction score
Undo the lower hinge where it connects to the door and pull the door out a little until it lines up. You may have to loosen the upper hinge. If you have to lossen the top, lossen it just so it is enough to move the door. By the pics, you really need to loosen everything and start over. Your gap is too large. Go to Home Depot, Lowes, Ace Hardware, or equivilant and get the plastic shims that are used to shim cabinets, door frames, etc. Get the ones that are wedges. Get plastic. They slide out of the jamb easier than wood and don't distort under the doors weight. When you loosen the door hinges, put the shims in around the door to gap it where you want it. Then you can tighten a few bolts and remove the shims to see if that is where you want the door. If not; adjust again. The striker adjusts also and changes where the door sits when it is closed. Ues the correct star tool to adjust it. If you use vice grips, they flatten the striker edge and can damage the way it functions. It can become misshappen and cause door drag when you open the door.

Last edited:

js29

Reaction score
I would try loosening all but 1 top bolt and just crack that one pull out on the bottom tighten one bottom bolt and check the alignment repeat as needed don't be suprised if you have to shim or oblong a couple of holes after all it is after market

Back