• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

1970 Challenger R/T questions

Wyo70Mopar

Reaction score
Hey guys, I’m looking at buying my first E body but need some opinions on a couple things. I noticed the challenger on the trunk was spaced away from the R/T and looks like to big of a gap? Also on the fender I noticed the R/T is closer to the door then other cars I have seen. I wasn’t sure if a certain plant where the car was built did this? Also the car has a silver grill not a black on like I see in a lot of R/T cars. The car is a pretty rare car with lots of options and I know most of the history back to the early 80’s and it was never really messed with or modified so I think it’s still a pretty good original example of a 70 R/T.

B79E2F1A-EF4A-4D7A-8D9C-BBDA5EE47EC0.png

08939A22-AAFE-4A35-BD55-C4EAE422194C.png

802C3414-C478-4764-8E0D-3C2D24D750EE.png

Adam

Reaction score
There may be a lot of variation on emblem placement; did you decode the vin to insure it is a real R/T?.... should begin with JS23, I believe.

Looks like lots of rust around the back window and Dutchman panel.

Is that a factory sunroof?

Wyo70Mopar

Reaction score
Yep it shows it a real R/T and it does have some rust around the window but also there is pieces of vinyl top that makes it look worse then it actually is. The rest of the car is very solid. Yea it’s a sunroof car.

aussiemark

Reaction score
The trunk lid badges should be the stick on type so it will be an easy fix. I have noticed the R/T fender badges are in a different location to the V8 badges on the standard cars and from memory they are closer to the door. The factory service manual does have some photos of the badge placement but no measurements I will put the images up tomorrow for you (I need my wife's help and she's not here now) The car would have had a vinyl roof originally with the sunroof what other options does it have? is it Hemi Orange that is faded? it looks like Hemi Orange in the old photo but now it looks like GO Mango.

DetMatt1

Reaction score
What’s the build date? Does it have a fender tag? Grille could have been replaced at some point or maybe you have a very early, pre production show car.(slim chance)

Wyo70Mopar

Reaction score
I’ll find out some more info, the car is an original hemi orange, white interior black vinyl top. 383 4 speed car with power window and rear defrost. Believe it’s never been repainted or taken apart.

moparlee

Reaction score
Keep us posted on what you find out. Is it a Wyoming car? If it is, it should be a pretty solid car.

Back