• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

1970 Challenger steering Column

andypapas1

Reaction score
Hello,

I have a floor shift automatic with power steering. I would like to convert this car to a 4spd manual with power steering.

Is the steering column the same for auto floor shift as it is for the 4spd manual?

I know I will need different linkages (interlock,reverse lock-out) But I was told my steering column would not work with a manual trans.

Thanks in advance,
P

Cranky

Reaction score
Don't see why it wouldn't work unless the linkages are different in the column too but even that shouldn't keep it from working. May end up not being able to use the lock-out linkage but I usually took that crap off anyways...

challenger6pak

Reaction score
The column is the same. I had fits with 4 speed linkage for my 70 Challenger. I plan to drive the car quite a bit. I am going to go with the 71 type column that locks the steering instead of the shifter. I'll always park it with the wheels turned.

andypapas1

Reaction score
Thanks

Thanks for the replies!! When I do cahnge over to the 4spd, I want everything to work as it should....makes for more work and $$ but will look correct.

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
the linkage for the column lock out are different on the auto & 4 spd but the column is the same , I think Roseville has the linkage kits

Back