• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

1970 Challenger twin turbo build

6PKRTSE

Reaction score
I guess I wouldn't say restoration. My Challenger is being turned into more of a drag car. Its originally a B-5 blue w/ B-5 blue A66 340 auto 8-3/4 car. The original drivetran & build sheets are missing so its getting transformed into a big inch Ex-Top Fuel all aluminum Keith Black HEMI w/ Stage V twin plug heads with twin turbos.
My buddy & I are doing the 25.5 cage & chassis this winter. Rear suspension is done & has a mini tub with Caltracs & split mono leafs with 15' x 12" Weld magnum 2.0's & M/T 315-60-15 rag radials under it. I am going to try to go as fast as I can on stock suspension, key word "try". I am going to build this car to run all of the 10.5" tire & Drag Radial heads classes up against all of these Chevy's & Mustangs.
Sorry, no updated pictures with the new wheel & tire combo yet.

DSCN0542.JPG

DSCN0551.JPG

DSCN0547.JPG

DSCN0548.JPG

6packcuda

Reaction score
Sure looks like a nice car to be cutting up but I'll bet that sucker's gonna be bad to the bone when you're done. Looking forward to following this build.

burntorange70

Reaction score
Sounds like a nice build plan. Be cool to see it come to gether for you. Good luck on the build.

6PKRTSE

Reaction score
Sure looks like a nice car to be cutting up but I'll bet that sucker's gonna be bad to the bone when you're done. Looking forward to following this build.

Thanks guys. Yes, I am sure the purist are cringing. That is what they were built for was "to enjoy". It doesn't do a bit of good to leave in the garage or haul in a enclosed trailer to a car show once in awhile. I drive & beat the hell out of my cars. If they break, I'll fix them. Hoping for mid to low 8's with mild tune, working up to the 7's. Probably going to come out with an iron block 440 based stroker with 2 foggers on it for now until the big HEMI project is done.

Back