• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

** 1970 Hemi Cuda - B3 Blue - California Car (Project) **

Status
Not open for further replies.

stephenlocke

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Let me start out by saying this is a project car, needs body and paint. Yes it’s a California car so it needs minimal welding. (Have already replaced sections in floor from where car was converted to a 4 speed in the past.)

IMG_2331-small.jpg
IMG_2325-small.jpg

Great opportunity for you to own a real deal Hemi Cuda in a super rare color with even rarer options list.

Based on history and what was found on the car, fender tag would look something like this: (Fender Tag and Build sheet not with car)

FenderTag.jpg

Here is the decoding for the fender tag:

FenderTag-Decode.jpg

Dash vin, cowl stamp and core support all match. BS23R0Bxxxxxx

History:
A little history... Having being sold in Californa (noise reduction package) it was either sold right in the bay or made its way here and was known to be in the mid 70's being used as a weekend drag car in the Bay area and was well known at the Baylands raceway. Apparently the only reason this car never got sign written was the fact that the owner also liked to street race! The story goes that the guy racing the car had the need for speed. Wanting to get more speed from the Hemi, he took the car into a local speed shop where they shop convinced the owner that the cost of getting more power from the Hemi would be a lot more than swapping out the motor for a stroked 440 motor that they had... so that is exactly what he did!

So unfortunately the original motor and trans are long gone.... there is a Dana 60 out back still though.
I have an original 69 data coded block for the car that that is ready for assembly and have new Keith Black pistons (Block has been bored .30 over and fully checked out by my local engine shop, Clarke’s Auto) along with original crank, connecting rods etc. I have heads for it also, although they need some repairs, usual spider cracks around valves etc. (I also have carb intake, oil pump, power steering pump with external cooler, correct hemi radiator and many other parts.)

Reason for Sale:
Why am I considering selling.... Well the car is an excellent project, minimal rust in the car (I have already put back the auto floor section that had been cut up to allow use of a manual 4 speed at some point.) But this is an original 70 Hemi car, so you cant just throw on aftermarket part, it needs to be done right. I will over time make this happen, but right now I have a very busy work life, a new house that need a lot of work and would love to get a fun car to unwind with and use right now.

Don't get me wrong, I am in no rush or need to sell this car and will just continue with the restoration and end up with a very nice, and very rare B3 Blue 1970 Californian Hemi Cuda.

I have boxes and boxes of parts, seats, interior parts, dash parts, dash bad (still in excellent condition), radiator, trans cooler, space saver tire and wheel, jack etc etc etc........

Some of the main parts that are not there, need 70 hemi trans, the carbs (although Scott Smith at Harms Auto who used to own this car back in the 80’s can create a set of clone carbs or probably help you out with finding original carbs) and some of the engine parts, 6 way seat track.

Price:
I will consider partial trades for authentic 68/69 chargers (Big Block R/T), 70/71 Challenger R/T (preferably a 440 6pak) or a 67/68 camaro, but not looking for a done show car but ideally should be a driver(s)….

Otherwise cash price of $75,000 (Remember, how often does a real Hemi Cuda project car become available, that is B3 Blue, one of possible 4 or 5 known in this color, that also has a grande coupe option, probable 1 of 2, and has California noise reduction etc, now you’re at 1 of 1!)

Here is a link to some more pics:

http://s273.photobucket.com/albums/jj221/stephenlocke/Hemi Cuda Project Car/

Serious enquiries only please, no marketing, tire kickers etc…..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back